Chapter 48

Ellie;

Billie;

Billie;

Ellie's POV

Ellie's POV

"I don't think I look formal enough Gia, I look like a child playing dress up" I tugged at the baby blue blazer I was sporting.

Even though the meeting is just with Billie's parents I still wanted to make an impression on the other important people sitting there. Mak took me shopping and I fell head over heels in love with the cutest baby blue set but now that it's on I feel like a child pretending to be something they're not.

"Ellie" she grabbed my shoulders "if I didn't have Mak and if you weren't Billies—"

"We broke up"

"-still doesn't mean you aren't her girl"

"Kinda does but go off"

"well if we both weren't taken, I'd have that skirt off in seconds it looks so good on you. You look amazing and all sexy and professional Ellie"

"Thanks" I rolled my eyes but hugged her anyway "I'm really nervous. I feel like shits going to go down today"

"Why do you say that? I thought the meeting is just a formality to sign everything off?"

"It is" I nodded "but Mr Keller texted me last night saying he got a tip that my aunt paid off a judge to review the contest in order to sign it, which is what I suspected. I'm just so over their greediness"

"Isn't that illegal? Bribing a judge that is?" she asked.

"Yeah, but when your white and have money no one cares or bats and eye. I better get going now, don't want to be late"

"Need me to drop you off?"

"It's alright, Maggie called a driver" I told her, which isn't exactly the whole truth. Since I can't get my license in the States yet I either scab lifts off my friends which I feel really bad about or call an uber.

But since I have the money for it, I've hired a driver, only to get to certain places. For school I usually go with Mak or Gia drops me on her way to college.