Chapter 11

Ellie's Outfit; 

Ellie's POV

This Friday is the first lacrosse game of the season and it's safe to say I'm shitting myself. Of course God is testing me, and the game is against our rival school from the town over. Billie told me that in the past three years each team has won a game and last year it was a draw so winning is 'fucking imperative'. Not like that is adding on to my stress or anything...

Ever since Billie took me out for that date a few weeks ago things have been the same but also different. I now sleep in her room and we do our study together. Which consists of us doing an hour of work together before Billie gets bored and starts to annoy me until I cave in and we watch a movie or something.

At school though she acts like nothing has changed in front of people, like we didn't make out for hours that night. But then in class she makes sure I sit next to her so she can put her hand on my thigh and be extra close. So many mixed signals and I have no idea what to do!

And as of right now I'm trying to focus on training before out game in two days' time, but I can feel Billie's staring. Which I don't know why is bothering me now considering she does it every training, but I guess I'm on edge and stressed.

"Reed! What's going on you're always the quickest during this drill" Coach blew his whistle and motioned for me to go to him.

"Sorry, I'm just feeling the pressure for Friday and am getting a bit stressed about it. First game jitters and along with the game being against our rival school, it's all a bit overwhelming" I took my gloves off and rubbed my sweaty palms on my shirt.

"Understandable but let me tell you that I know you're quicker and stronger than any of the girls on Heartwood's team. And I know you know the rules and game enough, have the trust I have in you for yourself Reed" he patted my back "go home and rest, training will be over soon anyways, clear your head kid"

Walking to the bench I put my gear in my bag and took off my grossly sweaty shirt.

"Now this is whole damn reason I stay after school to watch you train" Billie whistled as she got up from the bleachers.

"Stop perving and give me your hoodie I left mine at home" I rolled my eyes.

"Hell no, if you forgot a spare hoodie and will walk around in a sports bra instead then don't even think about trying to take mine"

"But Billie you're not even wearing it" I tried snatching it from her grasp, but she moved her hand behind her back.

"And neither are you" she smirked smugly and grabbed my bag. "Let's go pretty" she pushed me slightly to start walking.