Chapter 53

Connor

Dear Connor,

I want to start off with a huge thank you. You've been the best guy friend I've had in a long time.

You and Kels are literally mum and dad so thank you for always looking out for me.

I know you'll always have my back even when I make stupid decisions like this one.

I'm sorry for leaving so hastily but I'll be back.

I'll text you my new number from wherever I end up and I hope you won't be too mad at me to not answer.

Look after the girls and Mav when you're on the trip for me please. God only knows what you guys will get up to in foreign countries.

Love,

Ellie

Kelsey

Dear Kels

I know you'll be pissed at me for breaking Billie's heart and leaving you without a word and this shitty letter but please just read what I have to say.

This has been life changing to say the least and you've been a big part in that. Being one of my first real best friends has been an amazing gift and I love you and thank you for that.

Please look after Billie for me and push her to leave the house when she won't want to and to still pursue her musical dreams because we both know she will make it in that industry.

Have fun in all the different countries and spend the money I left for you in the envelope well!

I'll be in touch soon, just can't promise when.

Love,

Ellie.

Mav

My boy,

My beautiful, sassy Maverick.

The first friend I made by myself and I'm so happy I was in the good graces of the universe to have drunkenly stumbled across you miserably failing at beer pong that night.

I love you Mav, so much and you're the best gay friend a girl could have.

Thank you for helping me leave without any question, and for that I am so grateful to have such a supportive friend like you.

I hope you find the European babe you're always harping on about while on the trip and you fall in love and start some designer business together!

I'll be in touch soon.

Love,

Ellie.

Mak

Dear Mackenna,

I know it'll be a major shock to the system when you and G come back from your little trip and my room is empty with this letter on the kitchen counter but just know that I love you my British bestie!

I'm sorry for not saying goodbye, it's honestly easier for me to leave if I don't. I know it's selfish but please understand that I need this, although it's pretty incomprehensible for me to pack my shit up and just up and leave.

Have fun on the trip, and I'm not against you proposing to Gia in Paris by the way. But that'd mean you two have to officially be together first.

I gave the apartment to Gia, so you can move in or just move all your stuff into the apartment.

When I come back you better be the next up and coming fashion designer or some shit or I might just have to leave again until it happens. I know you can do it!

Speak soon,

Love,

Ellie

Gia

G,

Look after everyone for me, the check in your envelope should be enough to get you through nursing school and then midwifery like we talked about.

I know you'll be a great midwife, hell you cared for me while I was being a big baby and drinking my problems away.

I've bought the apartment and signed your name on the deed. I hope that's ok, think of it as my departing gift to you.

Don't worry about your gift to me, the memories we have together are enough to last a lifetime.

Billie means the world to you, I know she does. So please don't hate me when she tells you what I said to her, just look out for her and push her to create music.

I didn't mean it, I was just pushing her away. But please don't tell her that either, it'll ruin her, and she'll come looking for me. And I can't have that as selfish as it is.

Have fun on the trip!

I'll be in touch when I settle down somewhere and when I come back you and Mak better be together, officially that is.

Love,

Ellie.