.too close for comfort.

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

"Wait he had a what?" Wooyoung's voice, laced with worry, calls out through San's phone.

"An allergic reaction. He's allergic to kiwi remember?" San sighs with frustration as he runs his hand through his hair repeatedly and pulling slightly something he often found himself doing whenever he felt distressed or anxious.

He was seated in the hospital waiting room after they'd rushed Hongjoong away into another room. He felt as though each passing second was longer than the last so in order to calm his nerves he called Yunho who said he was on his way. Then he called Wooyoung.

"You don't think it's the smoothie I gave him, right?" Wooyoung's voice rings out again.

"Well that's what everyone is suspecting. It happened after he drank it. You should've seen his face, he looked so red and swollen I-" San chokes up and he starts tearing up mentally blaming himself for what happened. "It's my fault.." He sniffs.

"I'm so sorry San. It's not your fault, it's 100% mine. I had no idea the smoothies had kiwi in them. I also completely forgot he was allergic" Wooyoung tries his best to console the older.

"No, I- I should've made sure it was safe to drink before making him take it. I feel so shitty right now"

"San... don't beat yourself up. It wasn't your fault ok? Ugh, I wish I could be there but I've got my whole afternoon full. He'll be alright though right?" He feigns concern.

"I don't know, he's still in the ER-" That's when Mingi walks back into the waiting room after trying to get fresh air outside, an even more distressed look on his face. His eyebrows knitted together and a frown on his lips. He kept pacing back and forth so San knew he had to cut his conversation, with Wooyoung, short.

"I'll talk to you later, Mingi's here" He mutters in a hushed voice and Wooyoung replies with a curt. "Alright, keep me updated" before ending the call.

"Hey just sit and calm down Mingi, pacing around like this won't do any good" San sits up slightly while wiping away a stray tear that managed to escape his eye and slid down his cheek.

"It's that damn smoothie Wooyoung brought. He knew damn well that Hongjoong was allergic" Mingi spits out with venom while still pacing.

San was take back by his tone. His lips form a deep frown and he suddenly felt angry at Mingi's accusation. "Woah, don't point fingers at him. It was an innocent mistake Mingi. He didn't even know the smoothie had kiwi in it"

"Bullshit" The taller retorts back just as a nurse walks up to them. She informs them that Hongjoong will be ok and that he's currently asleep and resting.

"You can see him when he wake up but for now I suggest you go home and get some rest yourselves" She says with a kind tone. Then she walks off.

Mingi felt a rush of relief wash over his whole body and he almost collapsed on the floor. San also couldn't help but smile widely. He had the sudden urge to hug something or someone so he quickly gets up and envelopes the tall male in a bone crushing hug with which Mingi returns.