.just self defense.

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

・*゚:*:✼✿ • ✿✼:*:*・

Later during the day, after both males had spent most of the morning talking and playing childish games like rock paper scissors or I spy, Mingi was passed out and fast asleep. He was seated on a stool and leaned over on Hongjoong's bed with his head resting on his arms.

Hongjoong was busy reading a book silently while gently running his hand through Mingi's fading blue hair as he slept and snored in soft even breaths.

The door suddenly opens to reveal San's wide and dimpled smile. Hongjoong couldn't help but smile back at him. "And all of a sudden I feel so much better" The shorter male whispers with amusement so as not to wake up the sleeping giant by his bed.

San walks inside with a gift bag and 'get well soon' balloons. "Sorry I took too long, traffic was horrible" He says apologetically as he makes his way towards them, he then ties the balloons to the bed frame before enveloping Hongjoong in a warm hug.

"I'm so glad you're still alive" San says into his neck jokingly. This comment earns him a harsh slap on his back. "Yah! That hurt" He whines as he pulls back from the hug.

"Suck it up. What's in the bag" He looks at the purple glittery gift bag with anticipation.

"Oh this, it's just a 'hurry up and come back to work' gift from everyone at the diner" Responds excitedly and pulls out a medium sized tub of rice pudding, Hongjoong's favorite snack.

His mouth waters at the sight of the tasty treat. Since he'd been put in that damn hospital room all he's eaten are vegetables, fruits and more vegetables. Granted he's only been in the hospital for a little over 24 hours he feels like it's been months.

"San...?" He asks with awe as he reached for the pudding, clenching and unclenching his fist like a baby begging to be carried.

"Hm?" San smiles at his childish behavior. Nonetheless he hands the bag to older.

"Are you god?"

"I don't think so" He laughs and hands Hongjoong a spoon after he rips open the lid.

"Are you-f shure?" He asks with a mouth full of the creamy goodness. (Yall better not be thinking anything dirty..)

"Yah- stop being gross. Don't talk with your mouth full" San warns as he pulls up a seat next to the bed.

The two males continue talking and laughing just as they've always done. Mingi surprisingly sleeps through it all.

"So when are you coming back to work? My shift today was chaotic. The diner just isn't the same without you" The younger whines and ends with a cute pout.

Hongjoong simply gives him a look of amusement. "I've gotta stay one more night. Something about stabilizing my blood. I don't know. But I won't be back to work till next tomorrow"