Owen Shaw- Play Nice (h)

Fast And Furious One Shot

You never thought that you'd manage to be in a relationship with someone that your family weren't exactly happy with.

In fact, you always had the idea that whoever you chose to be with your family would accept and it would never be a difficult thing.

You probably should have considered the fact that going out with a guy who tried to destroy your brother and your sister might not have been the best idea.

Even though you were well aware that Owen was the one that messed Letty up, and was someone that tried to kill your older brother multiple times, somehow you still agreed to go out with him.

Surprisingly Owen was more accepting of your family, he had agreed to have them all moved out to London and in their own place and their own garage.

A part of you did wonder if it was too good to be true but you were just trying to take it as it came.

You were lying with Owen in bed, knowing that you were taking him to see everyone that morning.

Rolling over you found Owen already awake and on his phone.

"Well good morning to you too," you greeted as you reached to push his phone down.

He chuckled, turning so that he was facing you. "Good morning love."

With his phone safely on the bedside table, he pulled you into him and gave you a rather lovely good morning kiss.

"What is on our agenda today?" he questioned as he held you close to him.

You smiled. "You get to go and play nice with my brother, and my sister, and my nephew – oh! And my brother in law and my sister in law," you told him in a joking tone.

He laughed but also didn't look too pleased.

"Don't pull that face with me! You're the one that started that whole mess, and Dominic is swallowing his pride by even agreeing to meet you and he's only doing it for me, so you better get off your high British ass horse and play nice."

Your words surprised him, but he nodded, nonetheless. "I know love, I know," he agreed with you. "And I crossed a line by asking you out."

"Indeed, you did," you stated as you kissed his cheek before rolling out of his arms and climbing out of bed. "Now go and get dressed."

Within the next half an hour, you had left the apartment and were in the car to head to the garage that had been set up for your family.

When you walked in you realised that they had wasted no time in making it feel like home, Jack was the first to notice you and barrelled towards you excitedly.

"Hey little man!" you caught him in your arms as you spoke.

He pointed towards Owen once you'd picked him up. "Who's that man?" he whispered in your ear.

You giggled, turning so that Jack could look at Owen properly. "This is Owen, he is my boyfriend."

Jack waved at Owen with a smile on his face, the simplicity of a child not knowing everything that has happened before.

"Y/N!" you heard Mia announce as she walked towards you with a smile on your face.

"Good to see you big sis," you greeted her, accepting her hug with one arm as you still had Jack in the other.

Mia smiled at Owen. "Thank you for all of this, really, you didn't need to."

Owen shook his head. "I'm old enough to admit when I was wrong, and I had the wrong idea about you and your family," he admitted which made you smile as you knew Owen thought what he had done in the past was the right thing even though he didn't go about it in the best ways.

"Maybe we had the wrong idea about you too," Mia admitted also.

Soon enough Dom's voice boomed through the garage. "That doesn't mean we have to like you Shaw!"

Owen sighed and you handed Jack back to Mia. "I may not like you Toretto, but I'm here for your sister."

"Hi sis," Dom greeted you and he reluctantly reached out to shake Owen's hand. "You were a big pain in my ass Shaw, but you're with my sister now."

"And that means you both have to play nice," you told them as you gave them both pointed looks.

Dom raised his eyebrows at you. "You can't boss me around little sister."

"Watch me," you stated with a wink.

He laughed but watched you walk off with Mia, leaving him with Owen.

"It's no secret that I don't like you," he told Owen whilst crossing his arms. "But Y/N loves you, and if you're good enough for her then I guess you're good enough for our family."

Owen nodded, surprised that Dom's acceptance came so quickly.

"But don't think I won't be watching you like a hawk Shaw."

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.