Alice Chantrey- Feelings (c)

Casualty One Shot

Liking someone was a hard-enough concept, but when that person was socially anxious and not great at conversations, it made everything even harder. You weren't the best person at social situations, so together there was no way either of you would make the first move, although you doubted that she liked you. Alice was a sweet and kind woman who worked as a health care assistant in the accident and emergency department that you worked in as a doctor. Although you worked together a lot, you didn't discuss anything outside of work, even then you did work in silence a lot, using your patients as a middleman.

You had thought that you had been rather subtle with your interest in her, hoping she didn't know that you liked in, in fear that she didn't feel the same. You didn't want Alice to know about your feelings, but you definitely didn't want the rest of your colleagues to know as it wouldn't be long until she was told.

Sadly, you hadn't been nearly as subtle as you had hoped to be. Adam, one of your fellow doctors had figured out that you were interested in Alice, and he claimed that he knew that she liked you in return, although you heavily doubted that fact. He attempted to encourage you in admitting that you liked her as although he claimed she liked you in return, you both knew if that were true, she still wouldn't say anything, too scared of rejection to ever think such a thing would be appropriate to say.

You refused to listen to him and that was proven to be a mistake. You didn't assume anything weird when he told you of a patient that he wanted your opinion on. When you entered the room, you didn't find a patient, instead found a confused Alice, the door locking behind you.

Adam stood on the other side, a sly smirk on his face.

"Go on Y/N, admit it," he said.

"Adam, we're understaffed and very busy, don't go locking to employees in a room for your sick games," you berated.

"Just admit how you feel."

You let out a sigh, knowing how stubborn he could be, so turned back to Alice who looked rather confused still.

"Alice, I've kind of liked you for a while," you said, running a hand through your hair. "I didn't want to say as I didn't think you'd like me in return but seen as Adam is giving me no choice, I guess you now know how I feel."

Alice's cheeks quickly became red as she avoided your eye contact.

"Well... actually... I'm... I'm rather fond of you too," she smiled awkwardly.

"Told you," Adam called through the door.

You rolled your eyes at him, before offering the woman a pleasant smile.

"Well then, maybe we could go out for dinner after work?" You asked.

She smiled, looking down at her feet. "I would like that."

With the confirmation of your feelings, Adam finally released you both, letting you get back to work.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.