Joan Watson- Coffee (a)

Elementary One Shot

"Bloody hell make room will you! Can you not see I'm walking through!?" Joan gently pushed you out of the way as her housemate paced past the door and up the stairs, in nothing but his pants and carrying a plastic box of an unidentifiable liquid.

"Should I even ask?" You asked as soon as you made sure he was out of earshot, Joan just shook her head and helped you find your way into her home.

"If I knew I would tell you, he's a bit strange sometimes but whatever was in that box is probably the key to solving a murder, so I have no choice but to just let him get on with it. Do you want anything? Something to drink or something to eat?" She filled up the kettle and gently placed it onto its pedestal.

"No thanks, the coffee was enough for me thank you." A bang from the floor above and a sequence of aggravated 'No's probably meant whatever his experiment was, it wasn't going very well.

"It isn't always like this, I promise." You assured her that it was okay, but she still looked quite embarrassed by the whole thing as she poured the boiling water into a cup of coffee granules.

"It doesn't matter, really. A mind as great as Sherlock Holmes', you can expect a few quirks along the way. I'd happily put up with it if it meant getting to spend more time with you anyway." She tried to hide blushing cheeks under her mug, but it didn't work. "It's like this most of the time isn't it?" Joan laughed as she brought the mug to her lips.

"Yeah, at least it's productive chaos."

"I've lived with much worse people believe me, at least Sherlock looks like he would be interesting to observe. But, I didn't come here for Sherlock Holmes. I came here because a certain Miss. Watson couldn't keep her eyes off of me whilst I was getting coffee." Her mouth fell agape and a hand playfully slapped into your arm.

"Don't flatter yourself, you're the one that spoke to me first!" Joan's attention diverted from you as Sherlock jaunted down the stairs, calling her name.

"Watson come on, we need to go I know who the next victim is going to be." She sat the coffee down.

"Can you not handle this one on your own?" Watson scoffed and looked over to you. "I'm kind of with company here."

"Fear not, I'm sure you can exchange numbers and figure another day for spontaneous coitus."

"Look." She turned back to you.

"It's fine, I understand."

~*~

Written by Aaron.