Geralt- Tub (a)

Witcher One Shot

"You couldn't grab me some more hot water, could you?" Geralt let his beaten and bruised body slowly sink into the heavy oak tub, as much as it pained him, he allowed the soapy water to seep into his fresh lesions and grazes.

"All you have to do is ask." A small column of light grey smoke slowly rose from your fingertips and at a click the water slowly began to bubble and spew. Geralt's last few bounties had been particularly challenging and he had often come home soaked in blood and groaning in pain, fortunately for him you were always there with a moist flannel and a fresh pestle of healing balms. "Lucky me." He sunk deeper into the ebbing and flowing waters until little more remained then his flowing white hair and a trialled, aged face. "All these people in this shit hole of a world and I'm blessed enough to be betrothed to the only good thing in it." You let the water heat up just a little more before he asked you to stop.

"There is plenty of good here and you know it."

Geralt winced and pulled away at the introduction of harsh but healing salts that you had thrown into the seemingly self-stirring water. "You really need to start looking after yourself more." His rugged and scarred fingers grasped onto the burly hardwood and he pushed himself from the depths and out of the tub.

"My apologies for the inconvenience y/n, I did not expect to be straddled by a wraith today." You threw a towel at him, expecting him to use it to protect his dignity but not surprised when he wrapped it around his sopping hair in favour of air drying himself on the balcony. "I shall tell the people of Carsten to keep their sacks of crowns and to deal with their issues themselves. It is what I do, I can handle a few cuts and bruises here and there."

"You just worry me." He outstretched his arm and you fell perfectly into the space it had created overlooking the nearby mountain range.

"I'm a Witcher, there is no being or no person that is not at least a bit uneasy in my presence." The sun fell perfectly onto the balcony and illuminated the deep valley below. "Unfortunately, it is was I was put on this world to do, if I could get a normal vocation I would but as a wielded of the arcane you know as well as I do how limiting vilification can be. At least you can get away with it."

"You don't scare me Geralt. You never have and you never will."

Slow cascades of rain speckled down from the grey clouds that crested around the burning ball. "I know the atrocities you've seen, and I know what you've done."

"Everybody is scared of the Witcher's."

"Well I know mine would lay his life down to protect the few people he loves."

~*~

Written by Aaron.