Eleanor Shellstrop- Snow (c)

The Good Place One Shot

When you were alive, you enjoyed the wintertime far more than you loved any other time of year. As soon as the snow begun to fall, you were beyond excited and would spend almost every second you could outside, enjoying the cold and having fun in the snow. You had never outgrown the childhood glee that came with snowfall and you hoped that you never would.

Of course, you never thought that you would die so young and lose out on so many winters but at least you had ended up in what was considered the Good Place and would have an eternity of happiness just without the feel of snow.

You had met your soulmate Eleanor and had both expressed all the things of life that you missed but it didn't make you feel better. You were dead and had no way to go back into life, so how were you meant to find joy in that?

One afternoon, Eleanor asked for you to meet her in her home and you agreed, not really having anything better to do but also enjoying her company enough to want to meet her. You knocked on her front door and she called you in. As soon as you opened it, you were hit with a bitter cold that you had missed dearly. Every surface was covered in snow, more flakes falling from the ceiling.

"Snow?" You questioned, not having expected such a thing.

"You kept talking about missing snow and winter, so I got Janet to make it snow in here for you. I don't really understand your enjoyment in it, but I thought I'd try to do something nice for you as you're always nice to me."

An excited squeal escaped you as you pulled Eleanor into a tight hug.

"Thank you so much," you grinned.

You were beyond happy with the snow that was around you. With an almost maniacal laugh, you jumped up into the air before falling into the snow, landing flat on your back.

"Join me," you squealed.

Moving your arms and legs, you did your best to make a snow angel, but you were almost shaking with happiness and cold.

"I'd rather not," she frowned.

You shot Eleanor a look, gesturing for her to join you. She let out a sigh before sitting down beside you, falling back reluctantly to mirror your movements.

"You're the best," you smiled. "Thank you for doing this."

"Anything for you."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.