Greer Norwood- Knight: Part 1 (c)

Reign One Shot

Y/M/N- Your Monarch's Name

Y/C/N- Your Country's Name

You had travelled alone across mainland Europe to your final destination at the royal court of France, there on business for your monarch. It was a long journey and left you and your horse glad to be heading through the forests that bordered the palace, meaning your journey was almost ending. Even though you were going there on business, you were certain you would need a day to recover before anything was going to occur and your horse would be glad to see the stables for a long rest.

With the journey coming to an end, you were rather relaxed, not thinking any danger would loom so close to the French court, but that was foiled when you heard a scream come from within the trees. Both you and your horse, weren't pleased but you set off at speed towards the screaming, feeling obliged to help with whatever was going wrong. You pulled the reigns to stop your horse as you saw a woman trying to fight off a man.

He held a dagger in his hand as he tried to take her basket, but she kept up a fight better than you had seen most untrained people do. You jumped down from your stead, pulling your sword from its sheath, making your way over to the altercation.

"Leave now and you can leave with your life," you frowned, pressing the tip of your sword into his back, not causing injury but prepared to do so.

He dropped his dagger and the basket before quickly fleeing off into the trees. You rolled your eyes. They were prepared to victimise those whom were weaker but as soon as someone was armed or able to fight them, they were running away with their tail between their legs.

You turned your attention to the woman whom looked shaken up but uninjured.

"Are you okay, my lady?" You asked, crouching down to gather up her belongings and return the basket to her.

"Yes, thank you for helping me," she smiled softly. "I don't know what I would have done if you weren't in the forest with me."

"No thanks are needed, my lady," you assured her.

The woman was in a dress that you had only seen in nobility, not too expensive but no peasant could afford such a garment.

"Are you from the court?" You asked.

She nodded her head.

"I am headed there now. May I offer you a ride back there?"

"I wouldn't wish to be a burden to my saviour," she commented.

"Nonsense, my lady," you smiled. "Have you ever rode before?"

The woman shook her head. "Not since I was a girl."

"You shall be in safe hands."

You led her over to your horse, taking her basket and slotting it amongst your bags hanging over the horse's back, so that she needn't carry it. Assisting her, you helped her onto the horse's back, making sure she was securely sat.

"Is that okay for you, my lady?" You checked.

"Yes, thank you," she smiled. "And please, my name is Greer."

"It is an honour to be at your service Lady Greer. I am Lady Y/N, knight to Y/M/N of Y/C/N."

She held her hand out to you, letting you take it gently in your own.

"The honour is all mine."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.