Ysolda Imagine- Ring (a)

Skyrim One Shot

Aromatic pockets or rosemary, thyme, garlic wafted from the bakers stalls, the Whiterun winds carried the clouds of herb filled air all over the territory, even the farmlands on the outer rim of the Whiterun hold knew that it was market day from their nose alone.

"We will have our very own stall here one day." Ysolda smiled at the thought as she handed over a small handful of worn septims for a braided loaf of crusted bread. "And we can sell whatever you want." She gently placed the bread in the basket which slung under your arm and waved past the smiling baker.

"We are a little bit of time away from that, we barely have the money to keep our own food on the table, never mind the money for a stall in the centre of Whiterun." She stopped and pulled you towards a table, a proud Khajit, clad in silk like robes with dazzling rings in his elongated ears, presented a display of exotic necklaces and jewels. "Wow." Her eyes sat on one ring in the centre of the table, the only item protected by a lockbox on the display and by far the most extravagant.

"That's beautiful." You too found it hard to turn away from the sparkling diamond. "I didn't think you were into things like this." The merchant waited with arms crossed behind the table, his eyes carefully watching your hands.

"Fifty thousand Septims." He said in a low, raspy voice, knowing full well how out of your price range that would be. "I can go down to fourty-seven thousand but that is all I can drop it." You and Ysolda knew it was not going to be a cheap item, but you still saw the disappointment in her eyes. "If you aren't going to buy, please can you move along you're putting off potential customers." Reluctantly you both moved on and carried on along the market, but you couldn't get the image from your head.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's a nice ring but not fifty thousand septims worth of nice, think what else we could buy for that kind of money if we had it." She perched on one of the benches shaded by the Gildergreen, a moment off her feet during a busy day of shopping.

"I'll buy you a nice ring one day, I promise." She tucked her head into your shoulder and placed her lips gently on your cheek.

"If you spend that much on something like that, I'll kill you. Now that's a promise."

~*~

Written by Aaron.