Moira O'Hara- Mirror: Part 1 (a)

American Horror Story: Murder House One Shot

"I'll be down in a moment honey," you shouted down the aged, sturdy stairs down to your wife who took the duty of cleaning downstairs as you began to tackle one of the higher rooms of the tackily dubbed 'Murder House'. Equipped with a basket of cleaning supplies and a determination to get this place sellable again you wandered from room to room, checking out the damage left by the previous owners. You whistled happily to yourself as you polished, dusted and organized the fixtures and décor, thinking of the possibility that lay within the ancient walls.

Streaks of dust disappeared from the large, ornately framed mirror as your dust cloth swiped from side to side, your eyes drifted down to your basket to pluck a fresh rag but as your eyes rose back, two figures appeared in it's reflective surface.

"Quite fortunate to have a mirror opposite the bed, isn't it?" The maid, Moira, sat cross legged on the edge of what would be the master bed, her feather duster placed gently in her lap. She curled her hair around her finger, the deep red curls looked as if they were stuck in the 60's and she seemed to enjoy wearing the outdated, revealing maids' outfit that was probably fit for purpose many years ago.

"You startled me." Stepping back to admire the spotless feature, your heart almost returned to its normal rate. "Sorry if you feel like we're doing your job, we just know there's a lot of work to do and we didn't want to leave it all for you."

"Don't be so silly." She stood from the bed and held the duster loosely in her fingers. "It's what you pay me for isn't it?" She placed her hand on your forearm and ran her hands down yours until she plucked the cloth from your hands. "I love my work... I love serving my men." Bending down to grab the basked from your other hand she tried her best to brush her body against yours.

"I don't know what kind of people you had here last time, but that's my wife downstairs and we aren't into all that open relationship stuff." Her knees slightly bend as she lent over the bed to straighten out the creases she had left.

"Of course, of course." Her pink lips curled into a mischievous smile. "She'll never find out, I don't want to share you. It'll be like I was... nothing but thin air."

~*~

Written by Aaron.