Tony Vreski- Scary Men (h)

Die Hard One Shot

You would always read and hear about things on the news and be absolutely appalled at what was going on throughout the country and the rest of the world.

All of the horrific things that went on were utterly indescribable and like everyone else you never thought it would happen to you, well until it did of course.

You wished you could say that Christmas was still a happy time of year, and that you could be happy by looking forward to what presents you were giving that year along with who you were going to see.

If someone had told you that the place where you worked would be somewhere that someone could take you hostage, a part of you might've believed them but the main part of you would've completely laughed it off.

Nakatomi Plaza had been your work home for the past few years and the Christmas Eve party was something that everyone looked forward to – the men with machine guns however managed to ruin the vibe somewhat.

You hated seeing everyone around you so terrified, you were terrified too but you weren't about to let the scary men know that.

The men kept conversing with each other, glancing over at the group of you all huddled together, gesturing wildly as if they had some great plan.

"Hey! Weird blonde dude!" you yelled to one of the men, who was blonde and had thick aviator glasses on.

The people around you were in shock but you weren't about to back down.

"Look, I'm not trying to cause you hassle or anything," you spoke to the same man. "Even though you guys have thrown quite a spanner into our party here."

The blonde man came over to you, and as he did so you heard another man harshly whisper his name.

"So, your name is Tony then? Well I'd say nice to meet you, but you currently have that big scary gun and I have, well, I have my secret Santa present which was a bath bomb so not the good kind of bomb."

You were aware that you were rambling, but that's what you did when you were nervous, and granted the rather deafening silence was making you just as uncomfortable as the scary men were.

The blonde man, or Tony as you now knew his name, was still glaring at you but hadn't uttered a word towards you.

"Do you know how to stay quiet?" he questioned, and you could hear the accent present in his voice.

You shrugged. "What can I say? I don't quite like the silence," you told him whilst resisting the urge to stick your tongue out at him. "And you guys have definitely created quite the silence in here."

He rolled his eyes. "We are not here to be accommodating," he stated as he got closer to you. "You are pawns in our game, assistants to our cause."

"Oh, blah blah blah, just let us go so we can enjoy our Christmas Eve okay?"

The people around you were still surprised at how you were talking to this Tony but for some reason you were feeling bold.

"You guys must like Christmas, right? Everyone likes Christmas."

Tony didn't speak for a moment but then nodded. "Yes, Christmas is an...acceptable time of year."

"See? I knew one of you would actually like this time," you exclaimed, for some reason feeling happy that you got him to talk to you.

You figured that you might as well try to get more of a conversation going, kind of to fill the silence but also to get everyone else's minds off of what was going on.

"So," you stated as you leant forward. "What's your opinion on Santa?"

~*~

Written by Hannah.

Tumblr Request.