Cassie Ainsworth- Clothes (c)

Skins UK One Shot

Having your first home was an exciting yet daunting prospect and at the moment all you truly wanted was to get everything unpacked and turn it into something that was livable. Currently it was just a house with more boxes than you wanted to count and only a select few pieces of furniture that had been constructed. For today, you and Cassie wanted to get some things unpacked so that you could get rid of the boxes and tomorrow you would tackle building more furniture.

The bedroom had a built-in wardrobe, so Cassie was going to unpack the clothes and fill that up whilst you were putting away all the kitchen supplies seen as all of the units were already there. It was long work to, and it barely looked as though you made a dent in the boxes once you had finished filling the kitchen cupboards but at least that was one less job that needed to be done.

Since the two of you had gone off to do your own jobs, you hadn't heard from Cassie in a few hours so went to see how her job was going and to see if she needed help or had given up and taken a nap on the mattress that was on the floor, needing a bed frame to be built.

When you entered the bedroom, you noticed a few empty boxes and bags discarded amongst the ones that were still piled up. Cassie was stood in front of the wardrobe, hanging up a few more hangers that seemed to struggle to wedge in amongst the number of garments that were already hung up. You looked at the packed wardrobe, noticing that only a small slither of one side actually had your belongings whilst the rest was jam packed with Cassie's stuff.

"Is this our wardrobe? Or your wardrobe?" You commented.

Cassie turned towards you with a sheepish smile, using her body to hide the open bag that was still full of her clothing that needed to be put away. "Well I have more clothes."

You rolled your eyes, knowing that it was true, but you had never quite seen the comparison nor realised that you may have to host an intervention for her about the amount of clothes she owned.

"I'd just never been faced with so many clothes without being in a shop," you laughed.

"I like to make sure that I am ready for everything," she shrugged. "It doesn't hurt to have a few clothes."

"I wouldn't say that is a few Cass."

She smiled innocently at you, continuing to try and wedge more clothing onto the rack.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.