Sherlock Holmes- Rude (a)

Elementary One Shot

"I can not believe how rude you are..." Of all the people to help with your fathers murder investigation the police department send down this so called consultant.

"I'm sorry I wasn't listening, what was that?" His attention turned from the floorboards and to yourself as his hands slid into his pocket.

"I said, you have been very rude."

"Yes, I'm aware." His gaze once again turned to the scene. "Your point?" He peered down at the lifeless body of your father that lay sprawled on the wooden floor.

"Seems as my father has been murdered, I thought you could maybe show a little more respect for the situation." He crouched down and lifted his the pale hand, scanning every nook and crevice, every wrinkle.

"I have respect, I can't recall myself singing and dancing my way into this crime scene. I am here to assess the situation and find out how your father met his unfortunate doom. I am not here to provide any form of counselling or therapy for the situation, I can however probably find you a number if you need such help." He stood back up and smiled at you, once again he gave the body a scan before beginning his interrogation of you.

"Where were you last night?" He asked abruptly, staring deeply into your eyes.

"I was around a friends house playing video games, am I a suspect in this case?"

"Everybody is a suspect until they are found to be innocent unfortunately. Go through the process of elimination enough times and eventually you will single out the perpetrator. I presume your friend would be able to validate this for you if we were to give them a call?"

"Yeah... what is the point to all of this sorry?" He called over his so called assistant and one of the officers attending to the scene. He nodded to the officer and it was a few minutes before the cold steel of the handcuffs wrapped around your wrist.

"I believe you committed this murder; the officer will go through your rights with you and I will see you down at the station for further questioning."

"You've been here for five minutes! How could you possibly think this was me?" He sighed and rolled his eyes at having to explain.

"Your shoes have been cleaned within the last few hours and your fingernails have been scrubbed, probably at the same time. You have been biting your fingernails as well since we have been here, yet you don't normally do that do you?" You were rendered speechless and were not looking forward to the questioning.

~*~

Written by Aaron.