Vol'jin Imagine- People (a)

World of Warcraft One Shot

Vol'Jin lounged upon his seat, lovingly gazing over each happy troll who, for the time being, were safe and secure, something which was not always a certainty in the troll's history.

"The people are proud of you." With a doting smile on his scarred face Vol'Jin called you through to his hut and wrapped his arms around you, holding on tighter and longer than he normally would. "You should be proud of yourself." After the lengthy embrace he reluctantly pulled himself away and invited you to his seat which you gracefully took before turning again to lose himself looking from his shaded doorway and onto the golden shores of the isles that you called home. He knelt down on the warm sand and danced his fingers through the silt.

"I've never seen the children play like this before." He smiled and laughed as the young members of the tribe threw balls and chased each other with wooden swords and staves, his smile grew wider as he watched them aspire to be the proud warriors which had graced the tribe for centuries. "It was not too long ago they would have been going through shield bearing drills at that age." He ran his hands through his fiery orange hair before his eye caught the scuttling of a small beetle running up and town his brazen tusk. He watched it for a few seconds before leading it onto his hand and down to the fine sands below. "We can not stay here forever though."

"With a fine leader at our helm we will find where we are meant to be." He looked over and smiled with uncertainty. "Have faith in yourself, you are the son of the great Sen'Jin, it is in your blood to lead your people to greatness."

"I will never be as great as he was."

"Was?" You brought your hand up and smacked it firmly against the back of his head. "Just because he is not here anymore, does not mean he is not here. You know that." He smiled and stood from the sands, stretching his long arms and his aged, tested back. "Where are you going?" You asked as he walked from the hut and into the friendly, idyllic sun.

"I am the leader of these people now." He laughed as the crested rays rested against his blued skin. "The children something to aspire to." His voice trailed off as he swooped one of the children up from the floor, the bubbly laughter echoed through the isles.

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.