Pat Schneider- Dinner (c)

One Day At A Time One Shot

It wasn't an unusual thing for Schneider to treat you to a fancy meal at a restaurant that you couldn't pronounce the name nor understand half the menu, so tonight didn't feel any different. He'd bought you an expensive dress, not caring about the price tag due to his vast expendable income and told you to order anything that you wanted off the menu, not that you really had a choice in the matter seen as you weren't certain what any of it actually was.

He avoided your eye and didn't make conversation, keeping to small talk and even then, it wasn't much to that. It was unlike him. Schneider couldn't keep his mouth shut normally and struggled to not look at you for a second, so you were slightly concerned at the huge change in his actions and personality currently.

"What's up with you?" You asked taking a sip of your wine. "You've barely said anything to me. I think you spoke to the waitress more than you have spoken to me."

"Sorry. I'm just distracted," he admitted.

You cocked an eyebrow at him. "What with?"

He paused before looking up to connect his eyes to yours, the first time he had that night. A gentle smile curled onto his lips as he reached across the table to take your hand within his.

"I've wanted to ask you this for a while."

"You know you can ask me anything," you assured him, giving his hand a squeeze.

"I have known I wanted to ask you this for the longest time, but I didn't know when would be perfect. I've spent more time with women than I am happy to admit but the happiest time in my life has been with you. Honestly if I could go back and change who I was when we met, I would want to, but for whatever reason you are still here with me, so something must have been write. I never thought that I would want to be with one woman for more than one night, but I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I couldn't imagine anyone else in my life and I would love to call you my wife. So, would you do me that pleasure, Y/N, will you be my wife?"

As he spoke, he moved down onto one knee, holding out a ring to you in one hand, the other still holding onto your own.

You couldn't help but grin at him, having been completely and utterly in love with him for the longest time. No one else could make you as happy as he made you.

"Of course, I want to marry you," you smiled, leaning in to press your lips to his. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.