Chanel Oberlin- Enough (c)

Scream Queens One Shot

You had been in love with Chanel since the two of you met when you joined Kappa Kappa Tau. She seemed kind and ambitious and it was hard to not fall in love with her but when she became president of the sorority, your interest only became further from her mind. She paid little attention to you but compared to how she treated the rest of the sisters, you were her best friend- at least she remembered your name.

Even if she became rather self-centred, the moments that you spent together when she showed her weakness, her true self, you couldn't help but fall more and more in love with her. You tried to admit your feelings but whenever you said anything to her, she would dismiss you and rarely give you word in edgewise. You tried your best to keep a happy face and persevere through it all, but it was becoming too much. She only showed you interest when it assisted her, and it was hurting your heart more and more.

One evening, she came to your room whining about a paper for class that she needed help with. You offered to assist her with it, but she preferred the idea that you would just do the paper for her and at most she would put her name on it. Normally you did as you were told, hoping she'd finally see you for the person who was always there for her but this was one too many times for her to use you without offering you anything in return.

"Please," she whined, stamping her foot. "I'm going to fail if you don't help me."

"I help you with all of your work. I am always the one you can turn to when you need anything, and I never complain but I'm sick of it. It's too much Chanel," you huffed. "I've always been happy to help you do anything that you needed just so that I can see your smile but it's too much. You never thank me; you rarely even acknowledge me. You're the only person I've ever loved. All I ever wanted was for you to love me back, but I doubt that is ever going to happen. You can only love yourself."

You took a deep breath, realising the consequences that would come from your words, but you knew that you couldn't take it back now. With your words already in the air, you stood up from your desk and walked out of the room, ignoring her confused expression and even continuing when she called out your name, begging you to return.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.