Tahani Al-Jamil- Love (c)

The Good Place One Shot

Ever since puberty, you had lacked any security in how you looked, everything seemed at least a slight bit off and you seemed to greatly avoid any elements that would make you classically attractive. It was something you had tried your best to come to terms with, but it didn't get easier as everyone had tried to assure you it would. Even in death, you didn't finally feel comfortable and happy in your own skin, the fate that you had hoped wouldn't befall you.

It was hard enough to hate how you looked but then when you fell in love with a woman who could easily be mistaken for a goddess. In death you had ended up in The Good Place where you had met compare yourself to her, it was hard to not feel worse about yourself in comparison to the beauty of your soulmate Tahani and instantly fell deeply in love with her. It was hard not to. There wasn't really anything about her that would make you dislike her. Everything about her seemed perfect, and in one such way was her physicality. Tahani was gorgeous and although you tried not to your soulmate.

You never wanted to admit such a thing to Tahani though, but it was only a matter of time until you had to tell her and now had become such a time.

"It's just kind of hard to feel good about myself, when I look like this and you look like that," you frowned, feeling rather terrible that you would act as though her beauty was the problem, which it certainly wasn't.

"Just because you aren't what the media deems beautiful, doesn't mean you aren't. Frankly what is inside of you is fair more beautiful than anything inside of me."

A weak smile curled onto your lips, not used to compliments.

"Your heart is pure and filled with love, there isn't much more beautiful than that. And even if it is meant to be a hierarchy to make women feel terrible about themselves, I think you are beyond stunning, but I know that it is impossible to fight such a thought when it arises."

"I don't believe you," you whispered.

She nodded her head. "I know, but you will. It won't be today or tomorrow or next week but one day you'll be able to see how much I love you and why I do. You just need to realise that how you see yourself isn't how the world does."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.