Simon Cooper- Sociology: Part 1 (a)

The Inbetweeners One Shot

"I did ask if she wanted to come over and study, but she said she was busy or something." One of Simon's hands held his downtrodden head as the other flipped through the glossy pages of the sociology textbook. "Mocks are coming up though so maybe one day."

"I need some help I think." You hinted eagerly, hoping that he would forget about Carly just long enough to give you a chance. "I don't think I stand a chance and I'm free pretty much every night."

"Carly is never free. She's always doing something, I think even when... if we ever did get together we'd actually have any time do anything."

"I just need to find somebody that's free and does sociology. Any ideas?" Simon ignored you as he stared through the window, probably thinking about Carly again as the lesson material flew over his head. "Simon?" Still his eyes trailed through the cracked glass and into the sky until the end of lesson bell shot the class to attention.

"Alright benders?" Jay merged into the students piling out of the classroom, pushing his way past to catch up with you and Simon.

"I am, Simon's being a whine again though."

"Carly?" Jay knew without you even saying, producing an extended eyeroll from Simon who tried his best to quickly march on to his next lesson but you and Jay persisted in aggravation. "What about you anyway?" Jay asked as you caught up with Simon.

"Fine, just wish he'd stop pining."

"He can be a bit of a bitch sometimes." Simon looked at you to act in his defence.

"You can be a bit of a bitch sometimes."

"To be honest." Jay could never help but speak his mind. "You're being a bit of a dumbass ignoring y/n. They're well better than Carly and unlike that stuck up cow, they actually like you." Simon looked over, red faced and shocked as clearly your months of hinting hadn't registered with him. "Actually fuck it, wanna come over mine and do some geography?" Before you had a chance to answer Simon chirped in.

"Hold on a minute mate. You can come over to mine and help me with sociology if you want."

"I'm alright actually. I could always use some geography help though. Tonight?" Eagerly Jay agreed and said that he would get some snacks ready for your study session.

"You're such a prick Jay." Simon stormed off in his usual stroppy manner, every few seconds he shot back deathly glares, much to Jay's amusement and a little bit to yours.

~*~

Written by Aaron.

Tumblr Request.