Chuck Bass- Dog (c)

Gossip Girl One Shot

With your boyfriend Chuck away from home for a few days, you didn't have him there to stop you from doing anything stupid. Granted you didn't do anything stupid per se, rather you did something that you knew Chuck would have disagreed with and would have stopped you, so decided to take your chance whilst he wasn't at the apartment that you shared. When he returned, you knew that he wouldn't be impressed with what you had done but nevertheless, what was done was done.

As soon as he entered the living room and saw you sat on the sofa, his expression dropped, and he seemed very unpleased with what had happened in his absence.

"Why the hell did you get a dog?" He asked, dropping his bag onto the floor.

The dog that was curled up beside you, his head resting in your lap, didn't look up or stir from his content place, giving Chuck no notice.

"He looked so lonely; I couldn't bear the thought of leaving him at the animal shelter. I knew that he would fit in so well and look at him now, he is happy to be here," you assured him, running a hand through the dogs fur, glad to have a pet finally even if it was something that your boyfriend had attempted to skirt around for such a long time.

"You're going to have to get rid of him," Chuck stated. "I can already tell you're going to fall in love with that dog more than you could ever love me."

You shook your head at him. "Don't be silly, I can love you both just as much."

"It's me or the dog, Y/N. Which one do you prefer?" He huffed like a child.

"You can't ask me to do that."

Although the dog had only just entered your life, you weren't going to be able to pick between him and your partner. You knew there was unconditional love from the canine whilst you had already built a relationship with Chuck, both loves being important to you now and you couldn't think of your life being without either.

"If you keep it, I'm not doing anything for it," he frowned. "He's your responsibility."

"I didn't think that it would be anything else."

Chuck rolled his eyes at you, hesitating as he looked at the dog to give him a glare before he turned around and exited the living room to go about his business.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.