Chloe Beale- Stress (c)

Pitch Perfect One Shot

You never thought that anything could be more stressful than having to try to get into university but that was until you had gotten to the first exam period. Never in your wildest dreams did you think that you would end up in university, but you were now majoring in psychology and it felt as though things weren't going great. You seemed intelligent enough and passed every practice exam but nevertheless you had put a great amount of stress upon yourself to do well and that left you in a complete state.

Every moment of your day was spent studying. Your bed was covered in textbooks, more than you even knew you had, with a notebook in front of you to make as many notes as time would allow. No matter what you read and how much you wrote down, it just didn't seem to be getting any easier and you weren't sure what you were meant to do. With a loud groan you threw yourself back into your pillows as your girlfriend entered the room.

Chloe was your best friend, your roommate and your girlfriend, she was your whole world and knew everything about you, including how stressed you could get when it came to studying and exam periods.

"Are you okay?" She asked, closing the door behind you.

You shook your head, not moving from your place lying on your back on the bed. Chloe made her way over to you, pushing some of the books away from you until there was enough room for her to cruel into the bed next to you. She wrapped her arms around you, snuggling up as close as she possibly could to you.

"It's going to be okay," she said softly, pressing a kiss to your hair. "You're smart as hell and haven't failed any practice exams, so I don't know why you think it wouldn't be the same for the actual one."

"None of it makes sense," you whined. "I'm never going to understand any of it."

"Don't be silly," she assured you, holding you close and stroking your hair. "You're just overthinking everything and trying to take in too much in too short a period. You know everything that you need, and you've still got time to make sure that is the case."

You went to complain but she shushed you, knowing you were just going to make yourself feel worse. Instead she rocked you in her arms before singing your favourite song, making sure you were calmed down before she would let you free of her grasp.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request