Lenny Lyons- Glasses (c)

Casualty One Shot

Stupidly, you agreed to do a double shift in the accident and emergency department, knowing it was terribly understaffed so wanted to do what you could to help out. As it would be a long and tiring shift, you took a nap halfway in on the sofa in the staff room. It wasn't the most comfortable sleep, but at least you had the opportunity to rest as you'd find it hard to stay at your best for the double shift without any form of sleep.

When you woke up from your nap, you tried to look for your glasses on the table, but you weren't able to find them. Granted your vision was rather terrible without your glasses but you were pretty certain they weren't on the table where you had left them before your nap. Not having the time to keep searching, you decided to attempt to work. You made your way out to the nurse's station to grab the notes of your next patient, giving yourself a minute to try and familiarise yourself with them before you spoke to them. As you attempted to read from the clipboard, you struggled to make out half of the words, having to move the clipboard back and forth, hoping to find a point where you could actually see but it wasn't possible.

You were distracted from your attempts at reading by here your colleague and boyfriend laughing. Trying to see what was making him laugh, you noticed him wearing a pair of glasses, something he never wore.

"Lenny!" You exclaimed, snatching the glasses from his face. "Why did you steal them? I was looking everywhere for them, you immature prat."

With your berating, you hit him with your clipboard, annoyed by his little joke as it left you with a headache due to straining your eyes.

"Hey," he flinched. "What was I meant to do?"

You narrowed your eyes at him. "Maybe not steal my glasses."

"I usually steal Yuki's but he's not in today," he frowned. "You just happened to nap when I went in to get my dinner, I couldn't resist taking them."

"Not having your normal victim around, doesn't justify making me your new one," you stated.

He shrugged his shoulders, picking up his clipboard. "Fine. Let me make it up to you."

"How?" You frowned.

"Let me take you out for dinner tomorrow, to make up for it."

"I guess that'll work," you sighed. "I sometimes wonder why we're together."

He stuck out his tongue at you before the two of you headed off to do your own work.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.