Veronica Lodge- Beautiful (c)

Riverdale One Shot

Veronica had caught your attention since she joined your school and you felt lucky enough to have developed a friendship with her. The two of you got along pretty well and your interest in her only grew but the two of you were from completely different worlds and that wouldn't let you have your happily ever after. She was from a prevalent family, more money than she would ever need and able to follow all of the dreams she wanted; you however were from the other end of the socioeconomic spectrum.

For the two of you it didn't affect your friendship, but you knew your mother had issues with you spending all you time with her and you doubted that Veronica's mother was pleased with the friendship either. You didn't make a habit of letting your life be led by her, but it would be hard if you tried to pursue a relationship with someone that your mother detested.

You doubted anything would ever come from the friendship though. Nothing past that. That was until Veronica sat you down and gave you a nervous smile, something that you rarely saw upon such a confident girl.

"Maybe we could go for dinner together," she smiled. "On like a date."

You tried your best to not show your glee, scared that it would ruin the moment and she would take back the invitation.

"I would love to," you started. "But my mother told me to stay away from people like you."

Although it was the truth, you were mainly teasing her, not caring what your mother said enough to ruin a chance with the girl you were interested in.

"What do you mean people like me?" She questioned, slightly confused.

"Beautiful rich girls," you said with a dramatic sigh.

Veronica let out a laugh, shaking her head at you and the disastrous joke you had put towards her even if it was a way to hide a compliment in it.

"Well lucky for you, I'm not just a beautiful rich girl," she stated. "And you will find that out on our date."

"I guess I shall have to take the chance," you said with a gentle smile.

"I guess you will have to," she chuckled. "Although I am grateful for you calling me beautiful. You are rather beautiful too."

You knew that your cheeks were betraying you in becoming redder and redder, not expecting her to compliment you.

"Um... thank you," you whispered.

"Anytime, Beautiful."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.