29. Jealousy

Shisui didn't know how to get to his baby brother. He had shut everyone out of his life. Then Naruto showed up a week later.

"Is Sasuke home?"

"In his bedroom. He doesn't want to see anyone"

"He doesn't have to see me." Naruto got inside and went to the bedroom, he knocked. "Sasuke...kun" he bit his lip and tried to remain strong. He didn't want to call him Uchiha-san, didn't want to hurt his feelings.

"I made a mistake that day. I am sorry. I don't want to lose your friendship" he cried silently "I freaked you out, I'm sure I have....you don't even remember me and I kiss-..."

"Shut up!!!" Sasuke broke a vase against the door "just fucking leave me alone. Maybe you should have thought of our friendship before you fucking kissed me you sicko!!"

He couldn't get the thoughts off his mind. Him holding Naruto's hand, kissing him, making love to him. He wanted all of that and more but those are impure unallowed emotions.

"Forgive me, Sasuke-kun. I won't leave you alone. That's what friends are for"

In rage Sasuke opened the door and placed his hand on Naruto's neck wanting to strangle him. But that prompted another flashback.

He dropped to his knees, screaming in pain. It was too much for his brain to process. If he could he would just shut his mind off.

Then in that panicky moment, with Naruto holding him trying to ease his pain, his brother on the phone calling an ambulance; Sasuke's eyes met the blue ones of his lover. There was no more pain, just silence. He felt as if he was looking at the sun itself.

"Naruto" he called him in such a familiar tone, tears streaming down his face. Then his body gave up.

"Sasuke-teme! Wake up!" Naruto blamed himself for causing his significant other so much pain.

He and Shisui followed the ambulance to the hospital. When the raven haired boy woke up. He was confused as to why he was in the hospital.

He sat up when he saw Naruto "Usuratonkachi, you're okay!!" He cleared his throat "not that I was worried or anything"

Naruto was confused, said nothing in reply. Sasuke in retrospect forgot all about what happened the last week. Shisui took Naruto aside and comforted him.

The older man couldn't begin to understand what it felt like to see the love of your life just completely forget about you and even go as far as not return your feelings anymore.

Sasuke and Naruto went home together. He had talked to the guys in group chat. He kept a façade for Sasuke. He would no longer show his feelings towards Sasuke.

No more advances or hints. Naruto removed his ring, he had made his choice in that week. He and Sasuke were no longer together. The Uchiha made the choice for him.

Sasuke on the other hand was being more friendly. He was more himself, as if the last breakdown released him from a burden he was unaware of. He had finally overcome the mental block he had subconsciously created to protect himself. A block he had created the day of the accident.

"Ya...Naruto" Temari approached him "you know since Chōji only uses the room when he is spending the night over, I was hoping my baby brother can use the room. He is visiting me and well you know"

"Ha..." He replied absentmindedly "feel free"

"Naruto-..." Her words cut off by the sound of her phone "oh it's him....he's here early...honestly this guy" she sighed, excused herself then left.