39. The Future

Sasuke had cleaned up the mess, though hardly, as Naruto's bed was full of blood.

Temari stayed with the woman and he had thrown out all the bloodied clothes.
He walked by the fireplace where the man was still on the floor. A pillow under his head, a bottle of booze with tubes straight to his chest.

Sasuke cleaned his hands and walked over seeing it is Shikamaru sitting on the floor next to the man.
"Where's Naruto?"

"Upstairs, he went to take a shower"

"He's alright? He just blindly rushed"

"Doesn't he always?" Shikamaru sighed "and he still thinks he is selfish"

"Usuratonkachi" Sasuke sat down next to Shikamaru. In the silence of the house, the fire crackled loudly and the sound of water slowly filled their ears.

When it had stopped, Sasuke got himself up and walked upstairs. he knocked before walking in on Naruto.
"Geeez you're all bruised up...what happened?" Sasuke saw all the marks that he knew were not there.

"You happened yesterday or did you forget already?" Naruto smiled throwing the small towel at him playfully.

"If I hurt you why didn't you say so, Usuratonkachi?"

"Because you didn't hurt me. I've been bruising easily as of late. They don't hurt" he leaned in and kissed Sasuke passionately.

Sasuke kissed him back. "I don't know if I should be proud of you or angry at you. So I'm a little bit of both...though the first one more"

"I know I got you worried. I see someone in need I just jump right in dattebayo?...be it fire, water-..."

"well add Air and Earth we'll call you Aang and we got ourselves the avatar" Sasuke kissed his forehead and pulled "you're feverish"

"I just had a hot shower." Naruto pulled away not thinking much of it and not wanting to confront him after that eventful night "and I'm tired" he sat on his bed "Sasuke-teme," he tapped the empty area in bed next to him. Sasuke got closer and sat down next his blond lover. "I'm proud of you too" he cuddled to his boyfriend.

"Hm, Usuratonkachi" Sasuke blushed and kissed Naruto's head. The hotness of his forehead sparking his concern. "I'll take turns with Shikamaru watching the guy. So get some rest...you need to take care of your new heart, okay?" He waited for an argument or remark bout how he is fine. Instead he felt Naruto's breaths get more steady "you already fell asleep"

He slowly moved his boyfriend in bed and covered him up with a blanket.
"Goodnight" he kissed Naruto's cheek, hesitating a moment about leaving Naruto alone for the entire night.

He told himself to come check on him every hour or so. He left the door open.
"Kitsune!" Sasuke whistled from the stairs. The dog's ears perked up and she went to Sasuke wiggling her tail. "Need you to stay by Naruto's okay?" He walked up with her and saw one of the Papz there in the hallway.  "What are you doing here?"

"I was just looking for a bathroom" the man flashed a friendly smile.

"You left one downstairs." Sasuke glared at him. He knew the two other men were Paparazzi, the circumstances forced them to be there but he didn't like having them around one bit.
"Go ahead Kitsune" he watched the dog run to the bedroom "where's your friend?"

"Wasn't he downstairs with the Doctor?"

Sasuke thought of the one place the man could be, he ran to his son's bedroom. He rushed in catching him taking pictures of his sleeping son.
"The fuck you think you're doing?!" He pushed him against the wall.