45. Inseparable

Naruto felt warm and just held on to the cover that was freshly placed on him. The man with spiky hair tended to the kids in silence up until he saw the blond figure sit up suddenly.

"Naruto?" He called him as he noticed the blond fall right back down. He walked to him then rushed when he saw his sweatiness and laboured breathing.

"Sasuke!" He sat up again this time more awake than the first time. He held his chest in pain, his hands jittery and his mind still unable to process what is real or not.

"That was just a bad dream...relax" Shikamaru's arm wrapped around him, "Sasuke's okay," the voice getting closer and closer until it no longer was distant and echoey.

"It felt so real" Naruto confessed still trying to manage his breathing through the pain.
The way Shikamaru rubbed his back to calm him down helped immensely.
"Thank you"

Shikamaru just smiled in return and heated the breakfast before bringing it to him. He found the blond on his phone.

"Hey-.." his face lit up momentarily.

"I'm sorry, Uchiha-san cannot talk right now. Please refrain from contacting for now. I'll have him call you as soon as possible okay?" The preppy perky assistant voice said in one swoop. Obviously a rehearsed speech she gives whoever calls Sasuke.

"Oh okay...can you-.." he didn't get to finish as she hung up right after.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, Sasuke's just busy...I didn't expect his personal number to be handled by an assistant" he put his phone down.

On the other side of the world, Sasuke finished another interview.
"Can I have my phone now please" he demanded.

"Sorry sir we're still not done with the schedule" the girl smiled innocently. "You got a few calls and a couple messages. I have informed them that you will get in contact with them as soon as you can"

Sasuke was defeated, they had snuck in to his hotel room and stole his phone. He wouldn't have cared if it didn't have his family pictures and videos.
This was punishment for the interview he did. announcing his engagement was the riskiest thing he could have done.

For almost two weeks that was the message Naruto kept getting. His calls stopped by the assistant, his messages read but never replied to.
What the management had decided to do was have someone intercept the communication between them. Successfully changing Naruto's number on Sasuke's phone, meant the raven could think he was attempting to communicate with his lover without getting through.

Sasuke had no idea that his phone was hacked. That remotely, none of his friends could contact him and vice versa.
"What the fuck is going on?" Sasuke reached Shisui successfully after a couple attempts.

"Hey-..."

"Don't...." Sasuke tried to calm down "did something happen to Naruto? I've been calling...texting...I tried everything but he's not answering...none of our friends are answering...his home number isn't working...I'm losing my mind here"

"Naruto is fine, we had dinner just yesterday...he didn't say anything about you" Shisui found it odd "I'll ask him. Did you do something to make him angry?"

"No, we talked like normal for a few days and then...he just disappeared...everyone just disappeared...you're not lying to me right? Naruto is not in the hospital or something?"

"No, he's alright." Shisui replied "just give me a minute don't hung up, I'll mute your microphone...and you can hear what he has to say okay?"

"Okay..." He tapped his thighs nervously.