26. Family Matters

Naruto was back to the Suna home. Shisui would take care of him and so would Gaara.

"Hey" Naruto smiled removing his glasses and putting the books to his side.

"You were told to rest" Gaara put the tray down. "So uhm...the man outside is he family?"

"My future brother-in-law" he started eating "have you figured where you want to study?"

"I can't afford it"

"I'm sponsoring you, genius. Just tell me the name I'll handle the rest"

"Naruto....I owe you 5 Million already...and I don't know if I can ever repay you"

"Never asked you to" he looked at him with those wide ocean blue innocent eyes.

"If Temari wasn't my sister-..."

"I still would have done all of this" Naruto interrupted him knowing what he would have said. "I do what I can for those around me. I don't like seeing anyone suffer, specially people who are really trying to better their lives. So either you choose a place or I will."

"Fine...fine.." he looked away hiding his blush. Gaara had a firm belief that there was nothing called kindness of heart. Naruto proved him wrong without even trying.

Someone who didn't even know him gave so much and was still giving.
"Naruto...." Gaara started speaking but then closed his mouth not knowing how to say it.

"Mhm?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing...just...wanted to say thank you" he blurted out fast and left the bedroom.

He smiled to himself as he watched the redhead walk in a fast pace.
He finished his breakfast and returned to his studies for the time being. He'd take small little breaks as advised by the doctor where he would walk around the house.

"Papa!" Sora ran in tripped and fell.

"Sora-chan" he got out of bed and got on his knees. He helped his son up and kissed his cheek, seemingly happy his boy didn't cry or make a scene.

"Pway papa" he gave him his famous puppy dog eyes and the adult melted right away.

"Okay we'll go to the park together...let me change" he ruffled his baby boy's hair and chuckled as the almost two year old started fixing it. That was something Sasuke used to do whenever someone messed his hair. Naruto found it cute.

He got dressed and held his baby's hand walking with him.
"Shisui, we're going to the park" Naruto stopped when he saw the look on his face as Shisui was on the phone and almost dropped to his knees as his mind raced to the only person he could be receiving news about. "Is Sasuke okay?"

"Sasuke is fine, I swear" he reassured him. "I'm coming with you okay?" He finished the phone call quickly and slid the phone down his pocket walking with Naruto.

"Is it Itachi then? Something wrong?"

"No...no...he's fine too." Shisui sighed not wanting to talk about it while walking.

"Then it's me" he concluded. "My test results..."

Shisui said nothing in return and just focused on the baby until they got to the park. Shisui knew kids were a lot smarter than people thought them to be. He knew the baby was more than aware his father was sick; a reason why the kid was most attached to his father.

The two male adults sat down on the bench watching as Sora played in the sandy playground.
"Your test results from Konoha came out." He sighed. It broke his heart that he was the one giving him the news. "You're no longer eligible to get a heart, Naruto"