6. The Culprit

Naruto walked the road to school. Unlike usual he wasn't joined by Sasuke so he assumed his classmate was driven to school.

"Hey" a voice came from behind him.

"Oh...hi" Naruto greeted the teen from his class. "Nara-san...is it?"

"Drop the honorifics. Call me Shikamaru"

"H-hai..." Naruto small smiled "what can I do for you?"

"You picked a fight...with one of my guys a few days ago....why?" he ordered.

"Have I? I don't pick fights. If I fought someone then it's in self defense" he smiled.

"Kiba...is that true? Did you attack Naruto?"

"Of course not...it was that other kid. This idiot just interfered-..." He gritted his teeth in anger.

"I'll give you a warning, Naruto. Don't cross my path" Shikamaru glared coldly. Those who were watching the confrontation feared for their lives.

"That's a threat," Naruto's voice deepened dangerously, suspecting Shikamaru to be the guy who's been threatening him and Sasuke. "You can shove it up your ass"

"No one talks to the boss like that!!" Kiba lunged at the blond. The latter blocked the punch by holding it in his palm, pressure to the wrist bending it til it gave pain.

Kiba held long enough before letting out a scream. When he was released his wrist was throbbing, if Naruto put any more pressure he would have popped his bones right out of their sockets.
"I don't have a boss" Naruto stated and walked away to the side waiting for Sasuke's arrival.

Thirty minutes later, everyone was in class. He was still outside staring at his own unreturned texts that added to his anxiousness.

Walking to Sasuke's home turned to a sprint then a full blown out run. Even before he reached the residence he could see smoke in the air.

His chest tightened immobilizing him for a second. Shallow breaths, shaky hands as he removed the needle from his palm ignoring the bleeding and he jumped over the outer wall.

The pain shot to his chest as he jumped down, but he ignored it and went to the front door, he slammed his body against the door. Once, twice, thrice...calling over and over hoping for a response. Slamming his body each time harder ignoring all the signs sent to him that he should stop.

Then one last bang against the door and it was open. Fire attacked him almost instantly as it fed on the new oxygen allowed its way. What frightened him was the sight of bodies, dead bodies. Then in the middle of them was Itachi.

The only one whose chest seemed to he moving. "Sasuke" the adult mumbled. Naruto danced around the flames as they tried to claim his life. Scorching him here and there as he reached for the male and supported his body.

He got him out and laid him down. Unable to assist him as he had to get Sasuke. He looked up to where Sasuke's room was and hoped the flames didn't reach there yet.
"Hold on, Uchiha-san" Naruto frowned as he was forced to stop putting pressure on the wound to go save Sasuke. "I'm sorry."

He bit his lip as he calculated the distance he needed to sprint in order to easily up his body to the window of the first floor. As he executed it he landed perfectly on his target.

He walked in through the broken window finding an unconscious Sasuke by the door.
"Sasuke!" As he kneeled near the raven teen, his chest pain increased.

"Naruto-..." He muttered seeing the blurred figure of the teen who was in pain.

"I'll get you out, I shouldn't have left you alone" his tears crashed on Sasuke's shirt as he helped him sit up slowly and then carried the raven on his back, using the bedsheet to secure him on his back.