46. The Five Stages of Grief

A/N:
Hello my sweet darlings, yes I'm being mean. So there are only two more chapters with a total of 48 chapters. I might make an epilogue? But I am not sure if it something I want to do right now.

Anyways there is a song on this chapter and I hope you enjoy it as well as this chapter. I am working extra to make the ending you guys want. Still introducing changes here and there!

Love you all!

- Homura

🍙🍥🍙🍥🍙

Before we continue on with the story, we need to go back to that night on the Hokage mountain, where the star-crossed lovers sat side by side. There was a chance, their life would have turned entirely differently. This would be that story:

That night, Naruto was adamant on telling the truth but he did not know how to start it. He was having the strongest Ramen craving of his life. Next to him Sasuke was eaten away by the silence.
"I heard your Gala was the last one you are holding. you're gonna stick to teaching?" The raven asked breaking the silence.

"No" Naruto tried to gather his courage to say the words.

"What? Gonna become a mangaka?"

"No" the blond took a deep breath in. 'there are five stages of grief'

"Write a book? Travel the world? Teach Kendo-..."

"Sasuke, I'm sick"

"You're not feeling well? I can take you home and-..."

"No, no...Sasuke, I'm sick" he reaffirmed changing his tone.

"You got a new heart...and it's working just fine...you're twenty...you're healthy...we're gonna get married...and...settle down...and grow old together-..."

'The first is denial. Your brain can't process the information. It's inconceivable. It couldn't possibly be true. You look at them and laugh, it's a bad joke. The worst nightmare. It's one or the other. And you tell yourself if you deny it long enough it won't be true'

Naruto looked down breaking as he heard him say all of that "I lied about the heart. I was pulled from the list...about a year ago. I suffered an unlikely side affect from the treatment I had."

"You're getting back on the list once you're better right?"

"Sasuke, I was diagnosed with cancer. I can't get treatment for it, my heart can't handle it. And I can't get a new heart, having cancer disqualifies me immediately."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?! Why did you keep lying to me?!" He shouted.

'This brings us to the second stage: anger. Someone needs to take the blame for this unideal situation. You need to vent, to let it all out. Words fly out your mouth, cursing at whomever is in front of you. It is their fault, had they told you earlier everything would have been better or so you try to convince yourself.'

Naruto let his fiancé rage in his face. He had been mentally preparing himself for it for months. Though it was still hard to deal with it he was better equipped.
"I was scared of having you throw away your life for me. I was scared of losing you. They told me to just live my life best I could. To just be happy and thankful for every day...I was until you walked back in to my life...then you made me want more."

Naruto flinched as Sasuke hit the car hood with his bare hands and slid down on the harsh cold ground.
"We can have you treated abroad...there has to be someone out there...we can try other types of therapy"