28. Broken Heart, Broken Mind

Sasuke was sleeping. In his dream, he saw the blonde. His tanned ripped body, his unruly hair played by the wind, his charming blue eyes, his beautiful smile stretching those cute birthmarks on his cheeks.

Every time, he woke up just before their lips touched. It was midnight, he stared at the ceiling of his room. "Why do I keep dreaming of him of all people?" He sighed.

He was falling asleep when he heard movement, whoever was outside was not trying to be quiet. He tried to ignore it but the slamming of cabinets and drawers did not give him the chance to. He got out of bed.

He had moved from wheelchair to crutches. He's been forcing himself and making maximum effort to get better as soon as possible.

"I should have known it was you"

"Not now, Sasuke" he carried the tray and walked upstairs in a hurry.

Naruto woke up to the sound of Sora coughing that night. He had called the emergency line and they told him as long as his fever doesn't get too high, he didn't need to bring him. Symptoms were of a normal cold.

But the dad was worried, he had always been careful. This was the second time Sora ever gets sick and he was overly worried.
"I'm going to take care of you okay?"
Sora looked at his dad with pleading eyes, his nose a bit runny. He didn't like this feeling at all.

Naruto stayed up all night looking after his baby

Sora slept peacefully after his fever was down. Even though he coughed at night, it didn't wake him up.

He woke up to breakfast in bed. His dad fed him, gave him meds. He didn't mind them they tasted sweet.
A kiss on the forehead "it's down" Naruto small smiled "that was quite a scare, we'll have to go see the doctor today"

He got him dressed and got ready. The kitchen was an absolute mess from his ravaging yesterday. He didn't care, his child was priority number one.

Sasuke was in the kitchen making coffee. He saw him, Sora unusually quiet in his arms so he thought the kid was asleep.
"Kitsune" Naruto made a hand movement and she stood up. He put on her vest for her and leash. Another move and she laid down, the next got her to sit and the last he shook her paw. "Off we go then" he left.

Two hours later he saw them walking in together again.
Just like the first time. Two hand signs got her reaction and he removed the vest. He got her food and she looked at him until he gave her permission to eat. She was, unlike Kiba's mutt, well trained. Not only that but she was a medical alert dog, he wondered why Naruto needed her. He'd never seen the teen distressed or in need of medical help.

Naruto turned around and saw the kitchen was still a mess. On top of what he had caused, there were dirty dishes all over.
"Where's Karin?" He asked, she normally helped around the house.

"She said she had some errands to run" Sasuke replied. Naruto walked to the playing area he had for Sora and put him down. The baby still had energy and played like normal, the doctor said that was a good sign.