19. Namikaze Sora

Naruto was walking with Sasuke. Their fingers intertwined.
The blonde was thinking of how close he came to killing Toneri. The thought itself haunted him. He was concerned about his mental stability. Maybe it was just his protectiveness of Hinata, but it could be something more.
"So why did you leave after finding out she is getting married?" The voice startled him. He had forgotten Sasuke was right beside him. Today was white day after all and he planned out a date.

"She's not...anymore"

"You broke off her engagement?" Sasuke looked at him "what? Ya...Usuratonkachi, what's between you and the Hyūga girl?"

"You jealous, Sasuke-teme?" He smirked, pushing the thought from his mind.

"Definitely not" he blushed, looking away.

"Of course you're not" Naruto said, a hint of sarcasm. "Well anyways...Hinata is a close friend. She told me about this guy before. He's a real asshole so I just...didn't like what was going on." He kept it vague. He didn't want to talk about it.

"So-..."

"Sasuke, can we just drop it?"

"Ha...I was going to ask if you wanted to go out" now Sasuke was intrigued. What was it that got his partner in this bad mood. "Naruto, whatever it is that's bothering you. I want you to tell me"

"You'll just...push me away"

"I promised I wasn't going to anymore, remember?" Sasuke got in front of Naruto "I want to help you...that's what it means to be together. To help each other out and rely on one another when we are at our worst"

Naruto pulled him closer, still afraid of losing him. He closed in the gap and kissed him for reassurance.
"I'm scared of what I could have done Sasuke" he rested his forehead against his Uchiha boyfriend.

Naruto's piercing blue eyes demanded help

"What could you have done?" He wondered

"I could have killed Toneri. It would have ended in a second."

"Usuratonkachi, I almost killed a lot of people; including you." He smiled "I know you, you have the greatest self control I have ever seen. You could have killed him but you didn't. You could have killed Deidara, the gangs that attacked us before. You always have had that ability. I think maybe today was the first time your patience was actually tested. And I know why"

"Why?", What is it that Sasuke knew?

"Because this reminded you of what Sakura forced you to do. You were relating that feeling to Hinata's and then you acted on impulse. No one came to save you, you saw yourself in Hinata and then that happened. In a sense, you were doing what you couldn't have done that day; saving yourself" Sasuke cursed himself "fuck me,...now I'm starting to sound like Shisui too"

Naruto chuckled, hugged Sasuke and gave him another kiss. It could have been so. He had never lost his temper so badly before. The incident with Shisui was him acting out of fear not anger. it was the idea of forcing her that really bothered him so much. Sasuke nailed it.