22. Hope

Naruto wondered why the man stared at him in such a manner. All he wanted was to meet a friend, his day was bad as it is.
"I'm here to meet someone, if you'll-..."

"No you're not. The likes of you have no place here. Certainly no friend of yours is in our esteemed establishment"

"You can't deny me entry that's discrimination" Naruto brought Sasuke here last time, they certainly didn't seem to mind so where was this coming from?

"Naruto, my boy" Naruto's eyes traveled to his grandfather's. "What are you doing here? Sora-chan!! Long time no see" he gave himself the freedom of holding the baby.

Sora didn't mind, he knew the man and his father was beside him so it was alright.
"I'm just here to see my friend, but apparently the likes of me are not allowed here"

The waiter had always found Ogata-san a bit 'tasteless' when it came to company. If it were up to him he'd never allow him to set foot in the place. But the man had connections; powerful connections indeed.
"Of course my grandsons are allowed here" he glared at the man "or do we have a problem?" His tone changed

The waiter looked at the two boys.
"I did not know they were your grandsons Ogata-sama. Forgive me" he gestured with his hands "right this way sir"

"Come on Naruto" his grandfather walked inside with his baby, the latter was extending arms for Naruto and calling for him.

"Jiji, I'll wait for Sai outside." He refused to endorse an establishment that treated people as such. He took Sora back and texted Sai.

The pale tall boy walked out. He saw the waiter apologizing profusely.
"What happened here? Naruto don't give him such a hard time" Sai jumped on the wagon.

His friend was Hino Sai, the waiter was in big trouble now. Not only was he the grandson of one of the most famous authors in the world but his friend was the painter that everyone talked about.

"Sai, let's get out of here. I'm not giving him a hard time. He's only apologizing because he now knows my stupid status. When he was ignorant of that he had no problem telling me there was no place for my type and certainly no friend of mine could be here. I'm not going to spend any money here, I just want to leave. So can we leave already?"

"I'll get my stuff" Sai walked back inside. Naruto had a point. If it were him he'd have the same exact reaction. But he had always had privileges. so he didn't know what being discriminated against was like.

They walked together. "Did your mom adopt another son?"

"Ah right...you never met Sora before...he's my son"

If the boy could display emotion he'd be shocked. "Who'd you fuck and when?"

That was just the thing to expect from Sai. Emotionally and socially disconnected.
"No one you know...Sora-chan was born last march" Naruto declared proudly and kissed his baby boy. "He came too early"

"Just like you and that's how you ended up with a son"

"I don't miss you at all" Naruto walked into another café with his friend.

"So how did it go with Utakata-san?"

"Awful...he stereotyped me and then basically said no one would want to work with me again..."