37. Longing

(A/N: Check out the cute Baby Sora Picture!!)

A couple months have passed by. The blond which they have been waiting for had just disappeared.

No one knew where he was, with him gone the scandal slowly died out. Sasuke and Sāra both made jokes about the incident. Denying anything happening between his best friend and girlfriend but Sasuke couldn't convince himself that it didn't bother him.

The paparazzi waited and waited but even the best of them couldn't get a single lead on where Namikaze Naruto had disappeared to.

In the confines of a quiet clinic room, Naruto was sitting with his son on his lap.
He was reading him a story. Kushina kissed her son's forehead.
"I have to go for a bit. Do you need me to get you anything?"

"Okay" he smiled "no we're fine, Shikamaru is coming by with everyone else. I'll be dismissed this afternoon..so I'll just see you home ok?"

"Okay sweetie, bye bye SoSo-Chan" she waved at the toddler.

"Bye bye!" He smiled and turned to his dad. "Papa, what next?" He pointed at the story.

"Mhm right. Where were we?" He looked at the text until he found the paragraph and continued reading the story.

He chuckled as his baby jolted a bit when he heard the big bad wolf ate the little red riding hood. But then when he heard how a big strong hunter saved her he clapped.
"Papa...this is you" he smiled pointing at the cartoonish hunter picture in the book.

"You really think so?" He kissed his son's cheek "so you're my little red riding hood?"

"Yes" he got under the cover and peeked holding it like a hoodie.

"It's not red" Naruto chuckled.

"I am witto gween widy hood" he flashed him a smile.

"The cutest riding hood ever" he kissed him and fixed his hair for him knowing how he likes it.

"Papa when we home, can we make cake?"

"You want cake?" He asked "we can buy one, what flavor do you want?"

"No...make cake togethew"

"Sure sweetie, we can bake a cake together."

"Then we go Mako-chan biwthday"

"Is it Makoto-chan's birthday today?" Naruto looked at his son as he just went through the pages of the story book. "Why didn't you go to the party with the rest of your friends?"

"Because You is hewe, papa." Sora said it so naturally as if it was a normal thing to miss on events to be with his dad.

He was colouring in the book. Naruto on the other hand, clicked a button to call a nurse.

He went through his dismissal documents, signing them quickly and he got Sora-chan dressed.
"We will make cupcakes, chocolate and rasberry, her favourites right?"

Sora nodded closing his coat.
His dad gathered his clothes and sat down on the bed waiting for his personal driver to get there.

Half an hour later the man was by the door. He had taken Naruto's stuff to the car. Naruto followed slowly towards the parking lot. Until he saw couple news network vans pulls out. Naruto picked up Sora and shielded him from the camera immediately.

"Papa?"

"I'm the big strong hunter right? It's okay" he gave him a kiss and kept him covered up from the cameras.

"Namikaze-san, is that you and Rōnan-san's son?"

"How long have you been secretly dating?"

"Did Sasuke confront you about your relationship?"