23. Trouble In Paradise

Naruto's hospital stay came to an end on his birthday. His grandfather had come pick him up since everyone were busy that morning.

"How is grandma?" Naruto asked as always.

"She's okay..." Jiraiya didn't like speaking about her. They had a big fight a while back and they've been separated. "did she talk to you at all?"

"No" even on the day he was admitted she didn't talk to him. He was turning seventeen. He wanted her there.

Jiraiya helped his grandson to the car and left with him. It was a silent ride home. The old man didn't dare say anything, not that he had anything to say.

When the door opened and he came in he heard a simultaneous "surprise" from all of his friends.

He smiled seeing his entire group of friends. "You guys-..." His eyes watered involuntarily.

"Okay no crying!" Ino rolled her eyes. "You've been keeping secrets from us!" She pointed at the litte bundle of joy in Sasuke's arms.

"Papa!!" Sora yelled out loud and jumped up and down in Sasuke's arms excited to have his dad home.

"Did you miss me cause I missed you!" He kissed him all over despite having seen him just yesterday afternoon.

"Overdramatic as always, Usuratonkachi" Sasuke shook his head in disapproval. "Okaeri,"

"Tadaima, Sasuke" he smiled as he felt Sasuke's lips on his and kissed back. He chuckled when tiny hands tapped his cheek and demanded kisses pouting. "Someone's jealous of you now, Sasuke"

"Not surprised" he chuckled a bit as Naruto does the same thing when Sora gives too much attention to Sasuke.

"So you two are really dating? I thought Sakura was pulling my leg when she said that" Ino almost gasped, she never really liked Sasuke but just pretended so she could annoy her friend/rival.

"You two make a cute couple, Naruto-kun" Hinata's soft voice was a bit louder than usual. He hadn't seen any of them since he started University in April. So it was nice seeing them now.

The two teens blushed at that compliment and brushed it off. Us? cute? No way...
They caught up with one another asking more about who Sora's mother is and then promptly poking fun at him for getting a stranger knocked up from his first time.

Naruto was a tomato during that conversation. Sakura was obviously quiet since this concerned her. Temari and Shikamaru who knew the truth weren't on board with the jokes but as long as their Sunshine didn't mind them they took it lightly too.

Sakura was in denial so much so she chose to believe the little Naruto look alike wasn't her own son. She didn't want to admit to herself her own mistakes. It was a nightmare and it was over. She moved on with her life and she wondered if something was wrong with her for not feeling any connection or motherly affection towards the child.

"So how is high school treating you?" He directed his question to Sakura's classmates, Kiba, Lee and Ino were Sophomores now.

"Boring" Kiba barked holding his new pup Akamaru close.

"At least you're lucky you don't have a shit ton of research to do" Neji rubbed his temples.

"What did you guys major in?" Naruto wondered.

"Law,"

"Business" Temari replied

"I'm with Neji but I might change majors...it's a drag" the Nara reluctantly replied.

"Architecture" Hinata smiled, she was a bit more outgoing. Not as shy and quiet as before.

"Computer science" Shino stated in his ever so stoic voice pushing his sunglasses that he wore everywhere.