30. Unbreakable Bond

When he went out that morning, he thought he could get his mind off the whole problem with Sasuke and Gaara. Now he was weighed down by the fact he almost killed someone.

Everything was just a huge mess. He called Shisui, he needed to vent and he needed advice.
"My brother from another mother, what can I do for you?" The calm friendly voice greeted immediately.

"Shisui, I really need you to come over. I need to talk to you. I feel like I'll go insane otherwise"

"And you waited til you reached that point to contact me" he sighed "I'll be there in ten"

"Thanks" he hung up closing the door. "Why is the place so dark?" Naruto pushed the button and turned on the blinds. His son walked with Kitsune to his playing corner.

"Nooo" He heard Sasuke's voice. "My head...my eyes...I'll never drink again"

"You shouldn't have drunk in the first place" Naruto's voice suggested he was angry.

"Your tone....change it...my head is killing me. I don't even remember what happened after they talked about you and Gaara jumping each other like horny rabbits. I did not want to hear about that" he blushed when he thought he might have confessed to Naruto. 'Thank god that didn't happen'

"Well for your information. Gaara and I haven't 'jumped each other' yet"

"I remember what happened..." Shikamaru smirked "you got drunk and made a big announcement" he got his phone out and played the video.

"I, Sasuke Uchiha,..."

"Oh no" he said as he heard himself confess.

"Love this blond idiot"

"Oh my god" Sasuke buried his head in the couch cushion. "Kill me" he screamed into it.

"Imma keep this forever" Shikamaru replayed it, pushing Sasuke's face with his hand as the raven teen tried to get hold of Shikamaru's phone.

"This is why drinking is bad, Sora-chan" he kissed his son's cheek.

When Shisui walked in, the first thing he heard was his brother's drunken confession echoing in the living room.

"What-..." He got interrupted.

"I'll explain when we talk Shisui"

"Shisui!" His litte idiot of a brother stood up alert. "What are you doing here?"

"Work." He replied shortly "why are you so nervous baby brother?"

"Nothing! Nothing happened! Just drinking this tea here that is all..." He sat down sipping on his tea.

"Shisui, come this way" Naruto went outside. They sat down, two capuccino cups on the table.

"So, tell me what's bothering you?"

Gaara didn't mean to eavesdrop, he was just around the corner. He finished a smoke, a habit he so desperately tried to quit. He rarely smoked but him doing so showed how nervous he was about everything.

"Where do I begin?" Naruto took a couple deep breaths. "Sasuke got drunk yesterday and confessed."

"The thing I heard just now that is"

"Right, but the thing is....you know what happened a few months back. When I kissed him and said I loved him, he just shut me completely down."

"You're conflicted?"

"Not really. I love Sasuke. I know I do but he made a conscious choice and I made mine. Gaara is a good guy and I like him a lot."

"Then what is the problem?"