Wattpad Rant

14/04/2020

Hey Sexy Noodles, this is just a rant about wattpad. You may skip it if you please or read it. In all honesty I know people have different opinions on the issue and I am just expressing mine.

I am honestly considering writing a letter to wattpad about all of the issues it has.

I'm seriously growing sick of it.
I've been here for a really long time. I had an older account that I lost so this is just the second account I created.

It used to be great. I don't even mind the ads that much, I understand they gotta make money somehow. But seriously making everything premium is ridiculous.

Especially that the majority of writers here - me included - are amateurs. I have never and would never pay to read any of the stories and I wouldn't want someone else to spend money to read my stories.

I mean they already run ads on all stories but only a select few writers get paid. Imagine if youtube ran ads on all videos and only paid a hundred youtuber out of the thousands they had.

This used to be a platform for fun. People experienced with different things. It's one thing to run ads on stories to make money but it's a whole other thing to have a system of pay-to-read. And we all know the type of stories that get featured.

I'm not saying that some of these writers aren't amazing or don't deserve it. But making offline reading harder, making themes something you have to buy a premium pack to access. A lot of the features are just premium this premium that. What about the readers who can't afford it? It's really stomping all over us small users. It doesn't matter what we want what we need. Even if we are making them money.

They're making it hard to support this platform for what it is.
I know I'm coming out as sour or butthurt. But every fucking update is just one disappointment after the other. And I keep telling myself, it's going to get better but it never does.

I'm keeping this here. I love wattpad, I've been here for a long time for a reason. I enjoy writing. English isn't even my first language, it's not my second language, it's my third but connecting with other people through this medium had been truly marvelous and I wanna continue doing it.

I want more of Wattpad because I know that it can be great.

But making a dark theme something you have to pay for is just petty Wattpad. I have yet to encounter an app that asks that.

Look not every thing with premium slapped on it is great. Not everything fancy-looking is worth the price.

Sometimes, Wattpad, you just gotta keep it simple. Because there is unspoken elegance and beauty in simplicity.

Sincerely,

A Wattpader