18. Be My Valentine

March 14th,

Kushina found the two boys sleeping in Naruto's room.
"Menma-kun, sweetie it's time for school" the boy moved away from her touch, getting in the warmth of his big brother. That was his safe place.

Naruto winced a bit and the pain woke him up. He smiled at his mom and told her he'll help him get ready.
"Menma, why don't you get ready? I'll walk you to school today"

"I don't want to go. I want to stay home"

"How come?"

"Because Hanabi-chan said....she was going to confess her love to this senior student...probably Sasuke"

Naruto chuckled, the boy didn't even lie or attempt to come up with an excuse.
"Does Hanabi-chan know you like her?"

"No, yes....I don't know. Last time she said she'd never date a younger guy"

"Ah that's why you asked me about martial arts right? You want to prove you can protect her even though she's older?"

"Ha..."

"You know Menma, violence solves nothing. The greatest battles are fought with the pen not with the sword. Tou-san always said that and he is right"

"But Niisan, you can protect yourself..."

"And I know Kaasan has been teaching you since you got better right? I know she's busy and can't spare too much time. So I'll start training you starting tomorrow"

"Really Niisan?" His smile faded "but your-..."

"I can train you without moving much. But I know you can stand for yourself. kaasan is really-..." Naruto bit his lip, he was about to say scary. He trained with his mom before.

The door broke open.

"Kaasan is really what, Naruto-Kun?" The two boys held onto one another in fear.

"Bakka!! What were you going to say??!" Menma feared for his life.

"Kaasan is really strong and strict, but the nicest, Dattebayo?"

His last compliment calmed her down immediately. She told them breakfast was ready and left as if she wasn't just about to go on a rampage.

They both exhaled, releasing a breath they were unconsciously holding.

After breakfast, Naruto had walked Menma to school just like he promised him. Karin was by his side holding a box wrapped in blinding pink and yellow. Awful colours he thought.
"Is that for Sasuke?" Naruto asked "he told me he spoke to you yesterday"

"Whoever that bitch he is dating!! I'll chop off her tits!!"

Naruto gulped placing hands on his non existing tits. It was an involuntary movement. Something about Karin gave him the same ominous vibe as his mom.
He decided to just stay silent. Her murderous intent was menacing and he'd rather leave Sasuke to deal with the mess he made.

He walked in school grounds. "Have a good day Menma, I'll pick you up after school okay?" He ruffled the boy's hair and watched him walk away.

"Naruto?" He turned around at his brooding boyfriend's voice. "What are you doing here?"

"I walked Menma to school. It's good exercise too" he smiled, he still didn't have anything for Sasuke.

"Sa- Sa- Ss-..." Karin stuttered coming in between Sasuke and Naruto "please accept this as token of my love to you" she looked down handing him the box.

"I told you, I'm seeing someone Karin" the one hundred girl behind him with boxes of chocolates and gifts all shouted at the same time.

"Which one of you bitches is dating my Sasuke!!" Karin barked at them. Fingers were pointed, hair was tugged and clothes were torn.