33. Girlfriends and Best Friends

True to his word, Sasuke had moved out of the penthouse and back with his siblings for the time being.

On the other hand, Naruto had been going steady in his relationship with Gaara. Who came back a bit early out of concern of losing Naruto.

When he came on the 30th of March, he made sure to bring a number of gifts for it was the birthday of a very special baby.
"Gaara, I thought you weren't coming back until next week" Naruto smiled "I missed you" he wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and kissed him.

"So I take it from the kiss the break you wanted has ended?" Gaara smiled.

"I did say while you're away...you're here now" he pecked his lips. "You didn't miss me?"

"What do you think dummy?" He scooped up his blond lover and showered him with kisses. "I missed you more than anything else"

Naruto kissed him passionately and pulled holding both his hands.
"I'm glad you are here, I still wish you'd just move in instead of having to travel back and forth"

"I'll think about it" Gaara replied, but then their conversation was interrupted by Naruto's phone ringing.

"It's Sasuke"

"Of course it is" he rolled his eyes.

"I have to take it, sorry babe" he pecked his lips and answered. "Hey, teme"

"Naruto, I can't come today"

"What? Why? It's Sora's birthday"

"I know...and I'm really sorry but I really can't wiggle out of this schedule"

"He's really excited bout having you here...can't you just come for like five minutes? It'll break his heart"

"I can't promise...but I swear if I have free time I'll swing by to wish him a happy birthday. I'm really sorry again"

"Yeah...yeah I guess that's fine. Okay...bye" he hung up.

Sasuke wished it was just an elaborate lie that he couldn't make it. But he was passing an internship in a recording studio as part of his studies and things were rather hectic.

"He's not coming?"

"No, uhm...work I guess" Naruto was disappointed. He even started considering the possibility that Sasuke was doing it on purpose but then he knew how much he loved and cared about Sora.

"Well it doesn't matter anyway does it?"

"It does, Sora-chan sees Sasuke as his dad. He calls him Chichi. He's been with him before he was born. So-..."

"Don't tell him if he doesn't ask okay? Maybe he won't notice. He's having friends over, and it's going to be a long party."

"I hope so" Naruto wouldn't be able to break the news to his baby. He'd be absolutely broken.

They'd went to Sora's favourite restaurant which they have booked prior for the birthday party. All of Sora's playground buddies were there for his birthday, specially his bestest friend Makoto.

Naruto and Gaara watched the kids along with the other parents as they conversed with one another. But it was only Naruto who noticed his son had kept subtly looking at the door every once in a while.

"Sasuke, still too busy?" He sent the text but receiving no reply he figured the answer is yes.

The party was over and they went home where Sora's uncles and aunties had a little small party for him where they handed him more gifts. The boy loved every single thing he had received.