43. Parenting 101

Sasuke was losing it. He didn't care about the press, about his career, or about his fans. It started with getting a phone call from Karin that Naruto was taken to the hospital in critical condition.

The management didn't care to let him go, everyone he called on their on after told him not to worry, that Naruto would be fine.
All sorts of scenarios had played in his head and each one was worse than the other.

The only way Sasuke could get himself to sleep was drink himself silly every single night.
For a whole week he did just that, even remaining drunk during the day to be able to stand the bullshit of his 'famed' life.

But his phone rang that morning and he grunted as it didn't help his hangover.
"What?" He answered angrily.

"Good morning to you too" the voice was as bright as day and he could picture the smile that accompanied that greeting.

"Naruto" his eyes watered and he started crying. "I'm so sorry"

"I know you couldn't come. It's okay. I just wanted to reassure you that I'm fine. It was just an infection. I'll be off in a couple of days"

"You're playing it down. You were in the ICU the whole week"

"I always play it down though, don't I?" He smiled "and you always say you weren't worried, that's how it goes, doesn't it?"

Sasuke chuckled sadly "I was worried...I was worried to death. I thought I'd lose you and not even have the chance to see you"

He heard the beep of the phone and saw Naruto was changing the voice call to a video one. He accepted it right away seeing his fiancé in the hospital still.

"I'm afraid you're stuck with me still" Naruto smiled but then saw how shitty his lover looked. "Sasuke...." His tone turned serious "I'm sorry, dattebayo?" He frowned "please don't cry."

Sasuke wiped his tears quickly. "I wasn't crying, it was just an allergy." He sniffled. Naruto chuckled on the other hand.

"Sure it was" he replied in his usual happy tone "I can't wait for you to be home. I love you, Teme"

"I can't wait either. I love you too, Usuratonkachi"

"Ya...teme, definitely no more alcohol for you...I've heard the nurses" he glared with his crazy Kushina eyes and hair.

"Promise..." Sasuke replied scared of his fiancé. "I have to go now, I'll talk to you later before the concert starts okay?"

They sent each other few kisses and exchanged I love you's before they hung up. Sasuke fell back on his bed seemingly more relaxed.

Seeing Naruto's bright face and smile was exactly what he needed. For even in that dark room Naruto shone as bright as the sun for him.
"I miss him so much" he pouted and held his phone looking at the picture.