11. The Unspeakable

A/N:
Warning!
Sexual assault in this chapter.

Naruto was out after almost two weeks, he would still have to rest and keep his physical activity to the bare minimum.

He had coronary bypass surgery on his second day of admission to the hospital and that had generally helped with his blood flow. He was relieved, to some extent.

Kurama and Tsunade decided it was best to tell Kushina face to face. It was hard coming up with excuses as to why Naruto couldn't speak but the time difference helped out a lot.

He saw the texts Sasuke had sent him, last one stating to call him once he was back from the mountains. He knew that was the lie they told him.
He wanted to call him but he just ended up falling asleep. He'll call him in the morning.

It was calm, he could hear the waves in the background. A gentle hand was brushing his hair and it prompted him to open his eyes.
"Shisui" he was going to sit up and the man helped him, "how's your arm?"

"Good, should be all healed in one more week"

"I was worried I hit your artery"

"So was I" Shisui chuckled "you missed it by one centimeter"

"That's just a nice way of saying you stopped me before I got it in deeper"

"I hate that you're smarter than Sasuke"

"I thought you said you loved that I was?"

"Both...." He sighed in defeat, "we agreed you weren't going to ponder on it. This is nothing I told you"

"I could have killed you and the thought scares me".

"Could have but you didn't" Shisui got a bit closer and kissed Naruto's forehead, "told you brothers fight all the time."

"Who...who hurt you last time that bad?"

"Sasuke" he scratched his head "It's embarrassing"

"What happened?" Shisui looked at the boy and decided to share the story in hopes it would help him.

"Okay....it was about two years ago, more or less. Sasuke was dealing with depression. I was helping him out. He somehow managed to...get addicted. I assume he picked the habit from bad company and I noticed a bit too late. We obviously didn't want anyone finding out about it. he's underage and social services would take him from us. So we were helping him through the process"

Naruto understood then why Sasuke reacted in that manner when he said withdrawals that day.
"He was violent, threatened to kill himself if I didn't help him get his fix. Itachi was not at home that day. he had a gun. A gun that I stupidly kept in my room in case someone broke in. Sasuke was holding it against his head, his hand was shaking and I was afraid he would misfire." Shisui had only just realized this was his first time talking about it.

"I tried to calm him down, he was sort of starting to respond but I got too close too quickly and if I hadn't reacted he would have shot himself."

"So the bullet-..."

"Went through here" Shisui lifted his hair on his right side showing him the scar from the entry wound "and then shattered my skull on its way out" Naruto remembers feeling that bump "I didn't feel a thing. I lost consciousness on the spot and I woke up in the hospital six months later"