31. Invisible Pain

Naruto had stopped seeing the mess in his room. He saw stretched legs and ran to his closet finding Sasuke collapsed in a bed of their pictures.
"Sasuke!" He held him in his arms "Teme, answer me" he demanded, his hand gently caressing his cheek.

"Naruto-.." his voice breaking as his lips quivered and he wrapped his arm around Naruto, crying in his arms.

The blond didn't know what to say. He didn't want to say anything that could deteriorate his ex's memory state, especially if the latter remembered him.

So he held him until Sasuke calmed down enough. He got him on the bed and handed him a bottle of water from his mini-fridge.
"Better?"

Sasuke nodded trying to read his face, nothing but a blank look stared right back at him.
"Care to tell me why you were in my room without my permission?"

"I wanted to know because you didn't want to talk" Sasuke's eyes travelled to the pile of pictures and clothes on the floor. "We're together"

"Were together, Sasuke" he corrected him "we no longer are. I take it you remember, everything then?" He sighed.

"Not everything, I don't recall breaking up with you. Did you just decide to give up on me, on us because of that redhead?"

"Don't get started, Sasuke" he crossed his arms leaning against the wall "I'm not taking any more of your shit. I told you I loved you and you broke up with me. You don't remember it but you did it."

"I have memory loss-..."

"It's not a valid excuse to being an asshole, teme"

"But-..."

"What? You expect me to say it's okay?! That I forgive you?!" Naruto raised his voice, it was a rarity seeing him so angry. "How does it feel?" His gaze fixed on Sasuke, his pained eyes on the verge of exploding with tears but he remained composed.

"How does it feel knowing you told me to fuck off? You called me a sicko, loser, asshole, bastard, dumbass, creep, and every other insult on the dictionary. During your therapy, you pushed me away, told me I should just go kill myself. No worse, you told me the only way you'd ever accept help from me was if I got ran over and suffered the same injury as you. Even when you did let me help you made it difficult on purpose. You made so many demands. If I cooked for you it's not good enough. If I cleaned your room it's not clean enough. Right, you didn't remember. I don't blame you for not remembering. But amnesia doesn't make an asshole out of people."

Naruto looked away "please leave. Just go...I don't want to say something I'd regret"

"So this is it? You're breaking up with me?"

"Sure, just shift the blame on me-..."

"Yeah, you already knew that asshole while I was in a coma. You probably fucked him too didn't you?"

"Yeah, I did. I cheated on you and not just with him. I fucked guys left and right after your accident and I loved it. So just leave me for Kami's sake alone!!"

Sasuke believed those words. Though Naruto initially begged him to leave so they could stop the situation from aggravating, with the raven's stubbornness that was inevitable.

Naruto wasn't even sure if he could ever love someone as much as he loved Sasuke, not even Gaara. He cried silently. There was something about the love of his life that just easily broke him inside. Nothing has changed. Sasuke still had the ability to make him happy or break him up at a snap of a finger.

There were too many thoughts running in his head and none were pleasant. Naruto had always been emotionally and socially dysfunctional. He might have more people in his life now than ever before. But right now he was alone, maybe in the dozen of friends he has there were only one or two people he could actually depend on.