0.6

Gracie's Point of View

"Dad?" I ask quietly, knocking on his bathroom door. He doesn't answer, so I knock again, this time louder.

"Dad!" I yell this time. I reach down to the doorknob and twist it, furrowing my eyebrows when it opens.

"Dad, I wanted to-" I start, walking in, but stop when I see his body floating in the bathtub, the water a bright red shade.

"Daddy!" I cry, rushing forward. I pull his head above the water, trying to stop the bleeding from his wrists and neck.

"Mom! Help!" I scream, towards the door. She comes running in and gasps when she sees my precious father.

"Call 911, now!" She practically screams at me, taking my place. I nod and pull my phone out of my pocket, dialing the number quickly

"911, what's your emergency?" A man answers.

"My dad is bleeding out in the bathtub, please help" I cry into the phone, my eyes locked on my dad's motionless body.

"Alright ma'am help is on the way, can you tell me what happened?" He questions calmly. I cried harder, my phone falling to the ground, followed by my body seconds later.

I sit up in my bed, gasping for air. I throw the covers off of my sweaty body and curl up into a ball, my body shaking with sobs.

I've had the same nightmare almost every night since he died and it still freaks me out every time. Memories of my dad and I fighting hours before his death rush into my thoughts, making me cry harder. It's all my fault.

I stand up and walk to my bathroom, washing my face before climbing back into my bed. I grab my phone, trying to distract myself and realize that I fell asleep without texting Grayson back. I text him back and get a response within a minute, making me smile.

We talk for a long time until he suddenly asks for my snapchat, surprising me. I give him it anyway, getting a snap from him immediately. I open it to see a selfie of him and Ethan on the couches in his basement with the caption saying a simple 'wyd'. I sent back a picture of the corner of my face and shoulder, captioning it 'just watching tv haha, wbu?'. He opens it right away and I get a snap back within seconds. It was a selfie of only him this time, with the words 'you didn't send a selfie☹️'. I roll my eyes, fixing my hair and putting on my hood so I look decent enough. I take about five different selfies before taking one I like, typing out 'I don't have makeup on😳'. My hair and hood were hopefully covering my face enough for him to not to see it as well. He snaps back extremely quick again, my face flushing when I see its a picture of him with his jaw dropped and the words 'you're so pretty😍😭' sprawled across the bottom. I wait for my cheeks to stop being so pink and snap him back.

We snap all night and since I literally don't talk to anyone, he becomes my number one best friend on my list after only a few snaps. It takes all night, but the best friends emoji I had set finally popped up, making me cheer and giggle to myself. Grayson Dolan and I are number one bestfriends on snapchat. I end up falling asleep again, but this time, it was dreamless.

~

I wake up the next morning at 6 am to my alarm ringing loudly. I shut it off quickly, not wanting to wake my mother, and go to the bathroom to shower. I take a longer shower than usual, taking the time to shave and do a hair mask before getting out and blow-drying my hair. I sit at my vanity in my robe and straighten my wavy hair, wanting to do a little extra, and put on a little more makeup than usual. Trying not to look like I tried too hard, I try to choose a simple outfit. Since it's supposed to be chilly today, I throw on black jeans and a gray shirt with a large hoodie over the shirt. I put on some long socks and slip on my sneakers before applying deodorant and perfume. I reapply burn cream on my hand and wrap a different bandage around it. I look at my phone to see only an hour has passed, so I get out my phone to text Grayson.