5.0

The next night, I wake up at around 2 am, getting up to go pee like I usually do. As I walk back into our room, there's a sharp pain in my stomach. I immediately freeze and grab the wall for support. A liquid drips down my legs, panic spreading through my body. I'm not due yet. I look down, sighing in slight relief when it's not blood. I don't know what I would do if it was blood. Still not knowing what is happening, I hold onto the wall tightly. I look to Grayson's sleeping body in panic, opening my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out. I try to control my breathing, knowing that panicking will only make it worse.

"Grayson" I finally breathe out, but he obviously doesn't hear me. Another sharp pain in my stomach makes me fall to the floor, holding my stomach. I hope they're okay. I need them to be okay.

"Grayson," I say again, this time as loud as I can. He wakes up, looking to my side of the bed, his face twisting in confusion. He looks around, immediately jumping up when he sees me on the ground.

"What happened? Are you okay?" He rushes, putting his hand on my cheek. I wince at the pain in my stomach, trying to take deep breaths.

"It hurts," I say, take a breath in between words. He looks down, his eyes widening.

"Did your water break? We gotta go to the hospital, let's go" He says quickly, putting one arm under my knees and the other around my back to pick me up. I shake my head quickly.

"No! It's not time, they're not due yet!" I panic, my eyes filling with tears. He grabs his phone off the night table, probably dialing Ethan.

"It's okay, they're gonna be okay, it's really common for twins to be born early" He assures.

"Not this early!" I argue. Before he can reply, Ethan answers the phone. His voice is filled with sleep as he whispers, probably trying not to wake Kristina up.

"Hey, her water broke, it's time" He rushes. Ethan says a few words before hanging up. Grayson quickly grabs a shirt and his keys, quickly walking out the door and to the car, where a bag is already packed and ready. He sets me in the passenger seat and buckles me in, pulling his shirt on as he runs around the car. The panic continues to get worse, making tears spring to my eyes. The pain in my stomach is getting worse too, not helping either.

"Shh, it's okay, we're gonna be okay, they're gonna be okay," He says sternly, reaching to hold my hand. He pulls out of the driveway and speeds towards the hospital. I scowl at him, pushing his hand away.

"How aren't you freaking out? You should be freaking out" I say quickly. I throw my head back when my pain pulses through my stomach again. He glances over me and furrows his eyebrows.

"Because if I freak out, you're going to panic more," He says calmly. I stare at him for a second.

"Yeah, probably" I reply, taking his hand again. He chuckles, pulling into the parking lot of the hospital. I'm so glad we're not far from it. I don't know how long I could be in a car. He quickly finds a parking space close to the front and turns the car off, jogging around to my side. He opens the door and goes to pick me up, but I push his handoff.

"I can walk," I say stubbornly, getting out of the car. I only get a few steps before I stop and groan in pain, holding my stomach. I can do it, it will just take me a while.

"I can walk" He mocks me, leaning to pick me up. I roll my eyes, this time letting him. He carries me inside and I'm quickly taken to a room and put in a gown. Grayson leaves for a few minutes to fill out paperwork, making me slightly grumpy. I want him with me. He did this to me.

"Are they okay? What's happening?" I interrogate the doctor who is examining me. He's probably in his late twenties, but he clearly knows what he's doing. He lifts his head to look at me, giving me an assuring smile.