epilogue pt I

hi everyone:) i broke my phone a little more than a week ago, so i couldn't update, but my new phone got here this afternoon!

only a few chapters ago, i said this book hit 10k and now it's at over 24k? y'all are so amazing and i love each and every one of you!<3

here's part one of the four-part epilogue! don't forget to vote and comment, I adore reading y'alls comments!

I wake up to Ophelia crying, shortly followed by Luke seconds later. I walk out of the room and down the hall into their nursey, picking up both of the Twins. Since they're around seven months old now, it's hard to hold both of them, but I learned how to very quickly. I sit down in the rocking chair, adjusting them to be comfortable. Lia quickly falls back to sleep while Luke continues to cry.

"Are you hungry?" I whisper rhetorically. I lift my shirt and he immediately attaches, making me sigh in relief when his cries die down. He eats and then falls back to sleep, so I set them back in their cribs, walking back to our room and getting back in bed. Grayson wakes up as I get in, looking over at me.

"You okay? have you been up for long?" He questions, his voice deep. Not wanting to worry or upset him, I shake my head.

"Luke was hungry" I answer simply. He nods, reaching to cuddle me. I easily fall back to sleep.

I wake up early the next morning to Lia crying again. She's probably hungry now. I carefully get out of the bed to avoid waking Grayson and walk to the nursery, picking her up and sitting in the rocking chair again. She finishes eating quickly like she usually does, so I head into the kitchen to find something for breakfast for Grayson and me. I hold Lia on my chest as I make avocado toast, Grayson coming in a few seconds after I finish, Luke in his arms.

"Good morning, baby. You been up long?" He questions, leaning in to kiss me and then down to kiss Lia's head. I shake my head.

"Not really. I made a toast" I smile sweetly. He grins happily.

"You're literally perfect" he mumbles, kissing me again. We sit down and eat breakfast, still holding Lia and Luke. He finishes before me, so he takes Lia and Luke to get dressed. I finish my food and clean the dishes, going in to help him finish. I notice they're both in more outside event outfits than staying at home outfits, so I turn to Grayson.

"You have plans?" I hum, straightening Luke's shirt. He laughs.

"We're going to meet Ethan and Kristina at the beach, remember?" He confirms, looking over at me. I curse under my breath.

"That's today?" I question. He nods, trying not to laugh at my forgetfulness.

"Don't laugh at me, I have Mom brain" I defend myself. He giggles, picking up a crying Ophelia. She's definitely a daddy's girl, always wanting him to at least be in the same room as her. Luke loves Gray too, but he doesn't have any separation issues from him.

"I'll watch them while you get ready," Grayson tells me, kissing the side of my head as he walks past.

"Thank you" I reply, leaving the room and going into our bathroom. I braid my hair into two braids down the side of my head and wash my face before only putting on waterproof mascara. The bags under my eyes are awful, but any other makeup would just smear and wash off in the water. I leave the bathroom and get one of the only one-piece swimsuits I have, pulling it onto my body. I still haven't lost all of the baby weight and it's left me more insecure than usual. Grayson claims that he hasn't noticed any excess weight, but I'm pretty sure he's just lying to make me feel better.

I slip a sundress over the top of the swimsuit and pack a beach bag, then moving to the nursey to pack the twin's swimsuits and everything else they'll need while we're out.