1.6

* Sometime Later*

Gracie's point of View

It's a little less than a month since the night we got Tom and I couldn't be happier. Grayson and I are doing amazing and my mother is weirdly still on her vacation with her "boyfriend". I thought she would only be gone a few days, but apparently not.

Tonight is Halloween night and Grayson invited me to one of his friend's Halloween parties. It took him a solid hour to convince me to dress as little red riding hood so he could be a warewolf. After I had agreed, he told me that he already bought the costume. Typical Grayson.

At 5:30, I leave my house and drive to his to get ready for the party, which starts at 8. When I get to his house, I walk straight in, something I've done a lot in the past month or so. I climb the stairs and knock on Grayson's door, entering when he answers.

"Gracie!" He grins, standing up from his bed and walking to me. He pulls me into a hug and kisses my cheek to greet me.

We haven't kissed yet. Even though Ethan told me it's not the real reason and that he just wants to make it perfect for me, I'm pretty sure it's because he doesn't actually like me and the thought of kissing me repulses him.

"Here," He says to get my attention. He hands me my costume, making me gasp. I should have known. On the hanger he handed me, is the costume, but a lot less of it than I expected.

"Grayson! You didn't tell me it's 'sexy' little red riding hood!" I complain. He takes a step forward and rests his hands on my hips, obviously trying to distract me.

"If I told you, you wouldn't have agreed" He points out. I stare at him for a few seconds and then sigh.

"Fine, I'll wear it" I huff. He throws his hands into the air and cheers.

"Yes, thank you!" He celebrates, kissing my cheek again. A loud knock echoed through the house.

"That's Lindsay, she's doing my makeup to turn me into my true self" He giggles, walking past me and out of his room. I roll my eyes, going to his bathroom to start doing my own makeup. I do my normal face makeup routine and then draw my eyebrows slightly darker than usual. For eyeshadow, I use a dark color in the crease and a light color on my lid, trying to make my tiny ass eyes bigger. I add a wing with liquid eyeliner and finish the look with red lipstick and setting spray.

I straighten the wavy parts of my hair before curling it into bigger curls. I don't know what a non-animated version of Little Red Riding Hood looks like, so Grayson will just have to deal with it.

Once I'm ready except the actual costume, I go downstairs in search of Grayson. I find him in the living room, a tall blonde girl doing his makeup. Ethan is sat on the couch on his phone, looking up every once and a while.

"Hey, E" I greet him, sitting on the couch next to him. He wraps his arm around me and gives me a squeeze, leaving it there after.

"Hey, red" He grins. Ethan and I have gotten really close over the past month, it's like I have another brother.

"Red?" I question, tilting my head at him. He shrugs.

"You're being little red riding hood and you have a fiery personality, so it fits" He explains with a small giggle. I chuckle with a nod and watch Lindsay put the final touches on Grayson. Once she had moved on from his eyes, he opens them, his eyes going straight to Ethan's arm.

"Hey, assclown, arm off," He tells him, glaring at him. Ethan gives him a "seriously?" look, moving his arm when Grayson doesn't stop glaring. The doorbell rings, making Ethan groan.