4.5

"you really think I could have actually loved you? you? you're just a fan and that's all you'll ever be" he laughs. my heart breaks.

"you don't mean that," I say quietly, trying to control my tears. he laughs again.

"I do though. it was all a game. now get out of my house, I don't want to look at you anymore" he spits. my sadness turns to anger.

"fuck you. you're such a shitty person. I hope you never find love, and if you do, I hope she fucking leaves you" I rant, flipping him off. Before I can realize what is happening, he draws his hand back and strikes it across my cheek. I gasp in pain, falling to the ground and scooting back with my hand on my face. His eyes are wide, stepping forward, but I jump up, grabbing my shirt and running down the stairs. I run passed Ethan, who tries to ask me what's wrong, but I ignore him, going straight to my car. I wish I had never met them.

I wake in a cold sweat, pushing Grayson's body away from me. He stirs but doesn't wake up. I sit against the headboard and run my hands through my hair. It was only a dream, but it felt so real. I can almost feel the cold hand hitting me.

I carefully climb over Grayson's sleeping body and tiptoe out of his room and into ethans, gently shaking him awake. Kristina is staying at a friend's house, but she knows that Ethan I are just friends. She trusts Ethan, and she trusts me.

"hm?" he hums, not opening his eyes.

"Can I sleep in here?" I whisper. He opens his eyes and frowns when he sees me.

"Why? What's wrong?" he questions, sitting up.

"Grayson was mean to me in my dream," I say, a slight bite to my tone. He sighs and lifts his blanket.

"Thank you" I mumble, getting under. I fall back asleep, this time with no dreams.

"Bro, what the fuck" A voice spits, waking me up. I open my eyes to see an angry Grayson. He rips the covers off of Ethan and I, making me hiss at the semi-cold air.

"What are you doing?" Ethan groans. Grayson crosses his arms.

"Why the fuck is my girlfriend in your bed?" he questions, making me roll my eyes. Ethan is just my best friend and he knows that. I wish he would trust me. I get out of that bed and walk passed Gray, the dream is still fresh on my mind.

"She's my best friend, Gray, calm down" I hear Ethan say as I walk out. I go into Grayson's room and get dressed, pulling on black spandex shorts and a red crop top. I wanna go for a run to clear my mind. Or at least try to.

Grayson comes into the room as I go to leave, grabbing my hand to stop me.

"Where are you going? Why were you in his bed?" he questions, furrowing his eyebrows.

"On a run" I mumble, taking my hand back.

"What's wrong, babe? Are you still mad at me? Talk to me, you promised" he sighs, leaning down slightly to make eye contact. I shrug. Maybe I am being a little harsh, it was just a dream.

"I had a bad dream," I say quietly. He raises his eyebrow.

"About what?" he continues.

"You were mean to me," I say like a child. He chuckles sourly.

"You slept in my brother's bed and you're mad at me because I was mean to you in a dream? You have to be kidding" he scoffs. I narrow my eyebrows, taking a step back.

"This is why I didn't tell you. I'm going on a run now" I say bitterly, walking passed him again. He chases after me, several apologies falling from his lips.