2.8

I wake up in the early hours of the night, my body shaking with fear from a terrifying nightmare. Grayson and I have shifted in our sleep, his body on the other side of the bed, and my body curled against the wall.

"Grayson" I whimper, crawling towards him. I lift his arm and crawl under it to hide against him.

"Gracie?" He croaks, waking up from the movement. I hug him tighter.

"What's wrong, baby?" He whispers, trying to get me to show my face to him. I whimper again, fighting against him. 

"Nightmare" I mutter, clenching my eyes shut.

"What happened? You're okay" He assures, rubbing my back and cuddling his head into my neck.

"You were gone" I sniff. He tenses slightly but quickly relaxes.

I had the same dream I have all of the time. The night my dad died. Except, instead of my dad, it was Grayson.

"It's okay, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere" He responds in a sweet voice. I feel bad for waking him up. I should have just dealt with it.

"Sorry" I whisper back.

"Don't be sorry, bunny. Not your fault' He replies quickly. I cuddle closer to him and try to fall asleep again. He notices that I'm still shaking, singing a soft song to me. It takes a little bit, but I finally fall back asleep.

We both wake up hours later to yelling. Furrowing my eyebrows, I stand up to put my bra back on. Grayson groans at the loss of contact.

"You can stay here and go back to sleep, I'll go see what's up," I tell him, kissing his cheek. He hums with closed eyes, obviously not wanting to get up.

I cross my arms over my chest and walk quietly down the stairs and into the living room. I look at the clock to see it's almost ten, meaning Grayson and I slept in a lot later than usual.

Ethan comes into the house and slams the door shut. His cheek is bright red, making my heart drop.

"What happened?" I question, walking to him to make sure he's okay.

"I broke up with her and she hit me" He mumbles. My jaw clenches. Before he can stop me, I walk around him and straight out the front door. Sarah is still here, walking to her car.

"Sarah, what the fuck? You hit him?" I spit, following her. She turns back with a scowl on her face. Ethan comes out of the house, grabbing my arm, but I rip it out of his grip and continue to walk towards her.

"He broke up with me!" She retaliates, crossing her arms. I can hear Ethan open the front door and yell for Grayson, but I don't stop.

"For a reason! You had no right to hit him!" I argue, my pulse continuing to rise. She steps close to me. I don't back down.

"You don't know shit, stay in your lane," She says lowly. I roll my eyes.

"I probably know more about him than you do and I'm not even dating him" I laugh sourly. She scowls again, pushing my shoulders to get me away from her. She did not just fucking touch me.

I jump forward to attack her, but someone picks me up and swings me around them, setting me on the ground.

"Go home, Sarah, we don't want you here" Grayson spits, his eyes narrowed. I try to walk past him, but he holds me back.