epilogue pt III

this chapter was originally going to be 2x+ the number of words it is but i hated the second part so i took it out, sorry!

I'm putting the last load of laundry into the washer when my phone rings, the sound for Lia ringing through the room. I frown, taking my phone out of my bra.

"Hey, baby" I answer. She sniffs through the line, making me freeze. I get flashbacks to my middle school days when I would beg my dad to let me go home.

"Can you come to get me?" She almost whispers. I immediately make my way through the house to find Grayson.

"Sure, what's wrong?" I ask gently. She sniffs again.

"Jeremy and I broke up" She whimpers back. My heart breaks.

"Oh, Hunny, I'm sorry. I'm on my way now" I reply. We hang up and I speed walk into the living room to get Grayson.

"We gotta go get Lia, her and Jeremy broke up," I say quickly. He frowns, his eyes getting dark.

"What happened?" He questions, standing up. He grabs his phone off the table and follows me to the hall to the front door.

"I don't know, she sounded really upset though," I say sadly. He clenches his jaw, opening the door for me.

"I swear to god if he hurt her," He says lowly. I rest my hand on his arm.

"Let's make sure she's okay first, then we can kill him," I say seriously. He nods and opens the car door for me. I get in and watch him jog around the car.

He drives quickly to the school and we speed walk into the building. It seems to be lunchtime, kids filling the halls. Lia is sat on the bench by the front office, her hood on and her head down. She looks up when she hears the door open, immediately standing up and rushing into Grayson's arms. He holds her tightly as she cries, looking at me with a face full of anger.

Luke comes around the corner, looking extremely confused. He frowns when he sees Grayson holding onto Lia. I thought Lia would have gone straight to Luke, but it seems she didn't even tell him.

"What's wrong?" He asks quietly. Lia turns at the sound of his voice, mascara streamed down her cheeks. Luke frowns, even more, stepping to pull her into a hug.

"What happened?" He asks her sweetly. She pulls back and looks down.

"Jeremy cheated on me" She whimpers. I hold back a gasp as Lukes face becomes red. He turns down the hall, his eyes scanning the crowd. We both find a Jeremy at the same time, his arm wrapped around some girl. Luke immediately pounces towards him, ready to attack. Grayson is quick to grab the collar of his shirt, holding him back.

"Not the time, Luke," He says strictly. Lukes's nostrils flare, his hands clenched into a fist.

"We're going home, are you coming with?" I ask him. He shakes his head, his eyes still on the hall.

"I have a history test fourth period" he mutters. I sigh.

"Gray, can you guys go check her out?" I ask him, gesturing to the office. He nods and wraps his arm around Lia's shoulder, leading her into the room.

"luke," I say in a warning voice. He turns to look at me, the anger still on his face.

"I actually do have a test, but I can't let him get away with this though, he broke her heart," he says quietly. I sigh, pulling him into to hug me.

"I know. I'm not giving you permission, but at least take your test first, please. And don't get beat up" I say in a low voice. he scoffs, but a smirk grows on his face.